Recruiting 2023-2025 | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting 2023-2025

i don't follow cuse lax on social media, are they behind the times in promotion vs other schools?

I think they are inline with what other schools do. Lots of pictures from practice, some video highlights, retweets that mention current and former players. I think they could do a better job with "welcome" posts, I think they got to all of the freshmen this year (strangely I think they missed Deere), but never mentioned any of the grad school transfers. Given that they brought in some good players you would think they'd want to mention it.

Pains me to say that Hopkins actually does a pretty good job with their socials. They did "farewell" posts for their departing seniors this offseason which was pretty classy. I think most others do about what SU does, perhaps a little less. Overall I would give them a B+.

Open Series needs to promote their program in the way they feel is best. SU needs to promote ours. I want to see more swagger. It's not the end all be all, just my observation.
If you're mad that Amplo was put in the same sentence as Gait as a lacrosse "mind", then you're just plain wrong, because his accolades as a coach in the men's game are stronger than Gait's.

If you're mad that SU is not promoting Gait in a way that is befitting his status as a legend of the game, then what does this post have to do with it? It was an Openseries post, and they're not affiliated with nor under the purvey of SU's social media team. Do you want Gait to step out of the frame and tell Openseries that they can't have a picture of him standing next to Amplo because Amplo's status in the lacrosse world is beneath Gait's and will thus damage his brand?

If you're mad that Amplo was put in the same sentence as Gait as a lacrosse "mind", then you're just plain wrong, because his accolades as a coach in the men's game are stronger than Gait's.

If you're mad that SU is not promoting Gait in a way that is befitting his status as a legend of the game, then what does this post have to do with it? It was an Openseries post, and they're not affiliated with nor under the purvey of SU's social media team. Do you want Gait to step out of the frame and tell Openseries that they can't have a picture of him standing next to Amplo because Amplo's status in the lacrosse world is beneath Gait's and will thus damage his brand?
I'm not mad. I have no qualms with Amplo or Openseries.

Looks like former Orange JoJo Marasco is now the head coach at IMG.

Joseph MarascoAssistant Varsity Coach

Maryland picked up another 2025, midfielder Luke Griffin from Kings Park, NY.
I.L. rates him as a 3-star. Although he looks fairly good on his highlights.

2211.png

Last edited:
Lot's of other teams putting up pretty impressive signing day content - Penn State including highlights of their signings on each individual player, UVA putting out a two minute video with lots of highlights, Hopkins with each player in a Blue Jays jersey in posts that look something out of a college football team.

Syracuse? Absolutely nothing at this point. Does it matter in the grand scheme of things? No it doesn't. As the Oregon Football coach so eloquently pointed out, clicks don't equal wins. Still, have to imagine that players notice stuff like this. Recruits notice this stuff. SU should be doing a much better job in this department, especially given their connections to Newhouse. I posted a little while ago that SU did a fairly good job when it came to social media, but this feels like a pretty big blunder. Hopefully they put something out soon and I look like a dope.

Lot's of other teams putting up pretty impressive signing day content - Penn State including highlights of their signings on each individual player, UVA putting out a two minute video with lots of highlights, Hopkins with each player in a Blue Jays jersey in posts that look something out of a college football team.

Syracuse? Absolutely nothing at this point. Does it matter in the grand scheme of things? No it doesn't. As the Oregon Football coach so eloquently pointed out, clicks don't equal wins. Still, have to imagine that players notice stuff like this. Recruits notice this stuff. SU should be doing a much better job in this department, especially given their connections to Newhouse. I posted a little while ago that SU did a fairly good job when it came to social media, but this feels like a pretty big blunder. Hopefully they put something out soon and I look like a dope.

Maybe they're waiting until everyone signs and they'll issue one release?

For comparison, MBB already sent out a tweet about Donnie Freeman, and WBB sent out 4 tweets for their signees.

Hell, even WSOC has tweeted out a bunch of signees.

I agree. Very poor. Seems they may need to hire some younger people in this department. People that see the importance. Id view it as another recruiting tool for future classes. OSU does a great job including the families. So easy to be real-time.

Any surprise flips anywhere around the country?

Not that I have seen. I can't really remember the last big signing day flip to be honest. I think with the new calendar, players are more likely to make up their minds ahead of signing day. Hauseman flipped from Brown to Virginia a few weeks ago which was pretty late in the game. Chauvette flipped from Yale to Hopkins post signing day last year which is really rare. Other than that I think most flips are well ahead of time.

Any shock on this commitment ?

No, not to me at least. I think nyclax posted a while back that they were the front runners for his services.

UNC now has the #2, #7, #10, #12, #20, #30 and #40 ranked recruit. I was not expecting them to be that successful this cycle given the heat surrounding Breschi. I guess the logic is that Petro has made quite an impact on recruiting there.