Recruiting for next year | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting for next year

qdawgg

Night Biking Enthusiast
This isn't a "drinking the Kool-Aid" thread btw...

Unless I'm wrong, this year is the quickest the staff has been able to get out and start recruiting the next group. I'm hoping for real big things from the staff in recruiting and I think it would give us a better idea what we can expect from HCDM.

I expect a nice recruiting haul next year, if not I will be severely disappointed. Marrone has finally "caught up" in recruiting. He also doesn't need to worry about depth anymore.

This isn't a "drinking the Kool-Aid" thread btw...

Unless I'm wrong, this year is the quickest the staff has been able to get out and start recruiting the next group. I'm hoping for real big things from the staff in recruiting and I think it would give us a better idea what we can expect from HCDM.
Agreed. I'm hoping for a class that looks good on paper. Sure there will be some diamond in the rough two star types with athleticism that should outpace their ranking, but I'm looking for a class of primarily 3 star guys with a following from other BCS programs, and if we get a 4 or 5 star sprinkled in, even better.

Agreed. I'm hoping for a class that looks good on paper. Sure there will be some diamond in the rough two star types with athleticism that should outpace their ranking, but I'm looking for a class of primarily 3 star guys with a following from other BCS programs, and if we get a 4 or 5 star sprinkled in, even better.

Honestly I think we do this ... heck with this class we have close to that now ... I think this current class will move up in the rankings when the season is over ... we have a 4 star added ... a bunch of 3 stars according to scout and I still think we are pursuing another big dog or two ... like Perkins and have a really good shot at Morris from what I understand. We are getting closer to where we need to be recruiting wise.

Yes, I would love to get several 3 stars and a few 4 stars for good measure (a 5 star is asking too much).