Recruiting question | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting question

ClamOtto

2nd String
A successful alum in California (not involved in athletics) is family friends with a speedy wide receiver out there. Apparently the kid already has some high D1 offers on the west coast. The alum has convinced him to take a look at Syracuse but we're not recruiting him. The alum wants to let someone in the football program know about the kid. He asked me who he should contact, but I don't know much about football recruiting and don't know who would handle this (especially with Rob Moore gone).

Any advice? Thanks.

Yup, Eric White and CC the WR coach (aka the OC, aka cool kid).

A successful alum in California (not involved in athletics) is family friends with a speedy wide receiver out there. Apparently the kid already has some high D1 offers on the west coast. The alum has convinced him to take a look at Syracuse but we're not recruiting him. The alum wants to let someone in the football program know about the kid. He asked me who he should contact, but I don't know much about football recruiting and don't know who would handle this (especially with Rob Moore gone).

Any advice? Thanks.
Yes, they love it when long time supporters of the team give them the heads up on big time prospects with multiple high D1 offers and an interest in Syracuse as a destination. Devine Ozigbo is the model example of this. Whoops...Never mind.

Any advice? Thanks.
Yes. CALL the FB office. Ask to speak to whoever is in charge of recruiting the west coast. Give the info. Then give the name of the West coast recruiter to your friends. That's about all you can do.

who's the kid...the staff has someone looking over this board for under the radar type kids and kids who are being recruited, but the staff just missed them.

It's very tough to get a bead on every kid out there.

Yes, they love it when long time supporters of the team give them the heads up on big time prospects with multiple high D1 offers and an interest in Syracuse as a destination. Devine Ozigbo is the model example of this. Whoops...Never mind.

Of course the staff isn't allowed to make their own assessments of RB prospects and rate them accordingly when a suggestion is made. They should automatically make that suggested recruit priority #1 because it is far more important to placate a few fans than it is to use their own judgment to decide which recruits are the higher priorities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom