Recruiting rankings continue to be poor - any improvement seen in the near future? | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting rankings continue to be poor - any improvement seen in the near future?

thebigeast44

Starter
http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/teamrank/2012/BIGE/all

We continue to garner team recruiting rankings at the bottom of the conference. Certainly improved results on the field could lead to improved results on the recruiting trail. However, it's difficult to improve on the field without getting better recruits.

Of course, how well one recruited cannot truly be determined until the class has had the chance to perform on the field. Still, I look forward to a time when we are near the top of the rankings instead of at or near the bottom.

Let's Go Orange!!!

title-stupid_awesome.gif

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/teamrank/2012/BIGE/all

We continue to garner team recruiting rankings at the bottom of the conference.

Can we all come to consensus on the fact that right now the SU recruiting strategy is to find great athletes and coach them into great players? We all look forward to the day when we get polished players right off the shelf, but for now our staff is really good at finding players they can coach up.
No more crying over star ratings, please.

Yes, the improvement has been evident on the field as a result of identifying potential players w/0 big stars and quality coaching. We are in the future right now

If we win what we are doing recruiting wise is working!

We continue to garner team recruiting rankings at the bottom of the conference. Certainly improved results on the field could lead to improved results on the recruiting trail. However, it's difficult to improve on the field without getting better recruits.

Of course, how well one recruited cannot truly be determined until the class has had the chance to perform on the field. Still, I look forward to a time when we are near the top of the rankings instead of at or near the bottom.

Let's Go Orange!!!
We don't recruit the star search sites like Shady. Marrone does his own thing, much like Peterson, Edsall and some others; ID the talent, charactor, IQ and desire to want to be here, then coach them up.

Can we all come to consensus on the fact that right now the SU recruiting strategy is to find great athletes and coach them into great players? We all look forward to the day when we get polished players right off the shelf, but for now our staff is really good at finding players they can coach up.
No more crying over star ratings, please.
Read the WSJ story that OE linked today.

We recruit guys that the services have no idea about.

And given the fact that the main fan community isn't located at either site, do you think they are going to cut SU any slack. The only thing between SU and complete disregard is Ryan Murray.

Let's Go Orange!!!

It may only be my opinion, but all I need to see to discount those ratings, is that the two players that I believe are currently our two best commits are unrated... Cornelius and Brantley.

We have already filled most of the needs we have been looking for, and a strong season will open up the possibilities of stealing a high-flyer or two. To me, the key to the recruiting season right now is to getting a projectable TE. Thompson would be great, possibly the Milford kid if not, both would be awesome. After that, I feel we can sit back and wait.

Let's Go Orange!!!
Five of the seven members of last year's recruiting class who saw action Thursday night, (DyDavis, Crume, Lynch, Reddish, Rodgers, Kobena and Vigille), were rated 2 Stars.

I will gladly point to HCDM's first class. He only had 14 schollies to hand out and had a late start. Look at who he got: Lemon, Pugh, Tiller, the Thomases, Sharpe, Anderson, etc. That lowly regarded class started paying dividends in their first game against Minny. Carter would have been more of a beast if he wasn't such a knucklehead. From such a small class we've gotten a good base for future classes. That class epitomizes this staffs ability to identify and coach up the talent they see could fit their system.

Five of the seven members of last year's recruiting class who saw action Thursday night, (DyDavis, Crume, Lynch, Reddish, Rodgers, Kobena and Vigille), were rated 2 Stars.
Well, yes, on Scout perhaps; Rodgers, and especially the overlooked Crume, were across-the-board 2-
stars. Rivals and/or ESPN were much more kinder with the 3-stars for the rest of the above.

I will gladly point to HCDM's first class. He only had 14 schollies to hand out and had a late start. Look at who he got: Lemon, Pugh, Tiller, the Thomases, Sharpe, Anderson, etc. That lowly regarded class started paying dividends in their first game against Minny. Carter would have been more of a beast if he wasn't such a knucklehead. From such a small class we've gotten a good base for future classes. That class epitomizes this staffs ability to identify and coach up the talent they see could fit their system.
Bingo. It was impressive the recruiting job HCDM's staff did the first year. Last year's class will also reap immediate benefits. I considered, in no particular order, Davis, Trudo, Reddish, Broyld, Eskridge, and Lynch, with Crume the biggest sleeper, 2011's top recruits. Look at where most of them are on the depth chart currently.

Good recruiting classes are essential. Good recruiting rankings are not.

Well said, hungry; Marrone and staff are employing a recruiting strategy based upon relationship building and accurate assessment of high school & JC level talent. So far, I'm seeing the staff bringing in increased speed and athletic ability. We have a very young team and yet we are loading up with young men who seem to be thriving within our system.