Recruiting Rundown's 2017-18 Rankings | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting Rundown's 2017-18 Rankings

I pay little attention to RR whether Cuse has several or none in top 100 after understanding how the mechanism basically works. To put it succinctly, Ill trust the recommendations of Cuse connections in the field over coverage by a limited commercial venture. Some kids on the list are obviously talented while some glide on past rep or club/school association , some are one sport athletes omnipresent at every event while others are multi sport kids rarely seen. I remember watching a leading club with several highly ranked kids going to UNC being totally outclassed by a solid public that had a few d1 but mostly d3 kids and realizing then that there is so much bs involved in these rankings. When a Cuse alumni says that they should check out a kid then Im all ears because they understand what separates. 5-5-5 is my rule of thumb for most recruiting classes n many times that select group has kids who never hit RR radar

13. Tucker Dordevic | M | Syracuse | Jesuit (Ore.)
27. Owen Seebold | A | Syracuse | Highland Park (Tex.)
32. Brendan Curry | M | Syracuse | Calvert Hall (Md.)
35. Lucas Quinn | M | Syracuse | Niskayuna (N.Y.)
64. Troy Lauder | M | Syracuse | Salisbury (Conn.)
69. Jared Fernandez | LSM | Syracuse | IMG Academy (Fla.)
Dami Oladunmoye | M | Syracuse | Grayslake North (Ill.)

I pay little attention to RR whether Cuse has several or none in top 100 after understanding how the mechanism basically works. To put it succinctly, Ill trust the recommendations of Cuse connections in the field over coverage by a limited commercial venture. Some kids on the list are obviously talented while some glide on past rep or club/school association , some are one sport athletes omnipresent at every event while others are multi sport kids rarely seen. I remember watching a leading club with several highly ranked kids going to UNC being totally outclassed by a solid public that had a few d1 but mostly d3 kids and realizing then that there is so much bs involved in these rankings. When a Cuse alumni says that they should check out a kid then Im all ears because they understand what separates. 5-5-5 is my rule of thumb for most recruiting classes n many times that select group has kids who never hit RR radar

5-5-5?

That is quite a long watchlist. My count gives 79.
Hah, the Terps beat the Orange with 3 on the watchlist.

The only SU freshman that I would've thought would be on a list like this that isn't is Grant Murphy.