Recruiting Updates | Page 69 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting Updates

I'm still waiting for some science types to pick up on my pressure reference (PASCHAL).

I thought about going with a computer programming reference, something related to coding...or debugging. How about the opponents offense has been debugged by the Paschal anchored zone? Or Paschal has introduced a defect into the opponents game plan? But realized no one would appreciate that, so I decided not to post it. :noidea:

I thought about going with a computer programming reference, something related to coding...or debugging. How about the opponents offense has been debugged by the Paschal anchored zone? Or Paschal has introduced a defect into the opponents game plan? But realized no one would appreciate that, so I decided not to post it. :noidea:
Don't hold back. I figured "unit of Pressure" (PASCAL) was a no-brainer for Paschal Chukwu.

I think back to Fab and the impact he had in the middle of the zone in year two. Chukwu was in better shape as a freshman than Fab and he was a more serviceable player as a freshman while Fab was a mess. Chukwu will be in year number three when he becomes eligible. He will have had two seasons of NCAA D1 strength and conditioning and a whole season of practicing and learning the zone at SU. He's also taller and longer than Fab. It's not much of a stretch for me to see him having a huge Fab like impact in the middle of the zone when he suits up in orange. I also think he has the ability to be an offensive threat. Its hard not to put huge expectations on the 16/17 team, which is weird considering we will be losing 2 5th year starters and likely a 4th year guy in Coleman.

I think back to Fab and the impact he had in the middle of the zone in year two. Chukwu was in better shape as a freshman than Fab and he was a more serviceable player as a freshman while Fab was a mess. Chukwu will be in year number three when he becomes eligible. He will have had two seasons of NCAA D1 strength and conditioning and a whole season of practicing and learning the zone at SU. He's also taller and longer than Fab. It's not much of a stretch for me to see him having a huge Fab like impact in the middle of the zone when he suits up in orange. I also think he has the ability to be an offensive threat. Its hard not to put huge expectations on the 16/17 team, which is weird considering we will be losing 2 5th year starters and likely a 4th year guy in Coleman.
I always thought that Fab was unique in the fact that he could step up and take a charge along with being a shot blocker, it was a pretty rare combo and worked exceedingly well

I always thought that Fab was unique in the fact that he could step up and take a charge along with being a shot blocker, it was a pretty rare combo and worked exceedingly well

I agree. Its very rare that shot blockers even think about standing their ground and taking a charge. I still think that Chukwu can be a force in the middle that makes teams change what they try to do on offense.

Conrad McRae had that ability. He also had a sneaky defensive move where he would strip the offensive player down low as the shooter gathered to jump over Conrad's block.

" A Chu Chu Kwu...
Pas Chal Chal Chal...
That's all I want to say to you ".

(Sung to The Police tune: "De Do Do Do - De Da Da Da)

Chewbuccwu
tumblr_nndgv1g3z41teuex7o3_400.gif

i am the walrus. chukwu chukwu
Nice.

But I'm feeling

"I am the Egg Man Chukwu, Chukwu, Chukwu, Chukwu"

Egg on the face is a great metaphor for a blocked shot that gets returned to sender's kisser.

I don't know if this is already on here...

For Whom the Chukwu Tolls

Is this a little Rage Against the Machine reference?! If so, well done. First album came out in 1992, has a relevant and fresh sound in today's music world as it did when it first dropped.
You bet it is. try listening to the song and not hearing Chukwu from now on.

I don't know if this is already on here...

For Whom the Chukwu Tolls
So, are you seeing my Newton reference and Orangefog's Rage reference, and raising us to Hemingway?! ;)

Last edited:
Nice.

But I'm feeling

"I am the Egg Man Chukwu, Chukwu, Chukwu, Chukwu"

Egg on the face is a great metaphor for a blocked shot that gets returned to sender's kisser.

Here we go

I am the Eggman
We are the Orangemen
I am the Walrus
Pascal Chukwu Chukwu
Chukwu Chukwu Chukwu Chuk you

Expert Emhert, choking folkers
Don't you think the fanbase laughs at you?
Ho ho ho, he he he, ha ha ha
See how they smile like pigs in a sty
See how they snied
I'm crying