Recruiting Updates | Page 67 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting Updates

Roberson is not nearly as athletic and quick as Grant. Doesn't have the leaping ability and is a lot more mechanical in the way he plays the game. Don't see how Roberson will be a two and done player...

I agree. But Roberson will be a junior this coming year so the best he can do is three and done at this point.

Roberson's already a better rebounder. He just needs the mid range jumper. I think he has a shot to be as dangerous as Jerami was downlow, as well as potent like CJ fair was from 20 ft.

His offensive move is a put back off an offensive rebound. Again, he could be a solid offensive force for us but that doesn't make him an nba prospect.

The Nike Elite 100 Camp took place recently which involves most of the top 2017/2018 players. The players measurements were released so here goes some of the notables. Also remember since most of these kids are around 15-16, they'll most likely get bigger and stronger than what they are now by the time when they enter college in a few years.

Mohamed Bamba 6'10, 195, 7'8 wingspan.
Cam Reddish 6'5, 185, 6'10 wingspan.
Nick Richards 6'9 227, 7'0 wingspan.
Jordan Tucker 6'6, 204, 6'7 wingspan.
Lonnie Walker 6'4, 186, 6'9 wingspan.
Dominick Welch 6'3, 186, 6'7 wingspan.

Feeling a lot more optimistic than I have in a long time. We have some solid offers on the table to kids that seem to have genuine mutual interest. If we can land 2-3 of these 2017 kids at a time when guys like Moyer, Lydon, etc. are getting more experience, the 2017-18 team might just be able to send Boeheim out on top. :cool:

I hope Francis hasn't been driven off by some of the more zealous and foolhardy amongst our gang here. The guy is basically the #1 contributor to a huge segment of this entire site.

If it is due to something else, then all positive thoughts are with you Francis. I'm sure this community is fully behind you and ready to lend any support you might require!

I hope Francis hasn't been driven off by some of the more zealous and foolhardy amongst our gang here. The guy is basically the #1 contributor to a huge segment of this entire site.

If it is due to something else, then all positive thoughts are with you Francis. I'm sure this community is fully behind you and ready to lend any support you might require!
Nah, he's good man. Not to say some of that doesn't come into play, but he's taking care of business and needed a break. Paraphrasing here, but he's well and still with us :)