Recruiting...Whitehead and others... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting...Whitehead and others...

I kinda want to re-assure some folks about the impact this is gonna have on recruiting. To be blunt - I think it will have little impact.

Whitehead is getting pub because of what his mom said, but in reality - its like Tony Wroten saying he was taking Syracuse off his list. Whitehead wasn't coming here any more than Wroten was...but because of what his mom said, its making headlines. Name the last time Syracuse landed a player from Lincoln HS.

The staff will continue to do what they've always done. Identify a core of 8-10 players that we go after in a 2-3 year period and focus our energy on these players because they are players we want, players who fit our system and players who are likely to come here.

Its what we are currently doing and all indications are that this is having no impact on the core kids we are recruiting over the next 2-3 years. We need to take a chill pill for now.

Jake, you stated that we need to take a chill pill "for now". Was that an intentional qualifier?

I kinda want to re-assure some folks about the impact this is gonna have on recruiting. To be blunt - I think it will have little impact.

Whitehead is getting pub because of what his mom said, but in reality - its like Tony Wroten saying he was taking Syracuse off his list. Whitehead wasn't coming here any more than Wroten was...but because of what his mom said, its making headlines. Name the last time Syracuse landed a player from Lincoln HS.

The staff will continue to do what they've always done. Identify a core of 8-10 players that we go after in a 2-3 year period and focus our energy on these players because they are players we want, players who fit our system and players who are likely to come here.

Its what we are currently doing and all indications are that this is having no impact on the core kids we are recruiting over the next 2-3 years. We need to take a chill pill for now.

Wayne Williams, will be the next.

Wrong sport though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom