recruiting... | Syracusefan.com

recruiting...

BillSU

All American
….how do you think the Champions of the Camping World Bowl, a winning season in the ACC and being an up and coming major FBS team will affect recruiting moving forward?

We don't have that many people left to recruit in the late signing period, we're almost at the limit with our early signees and for that group it shows, a lot of talent. Two four stars and why isn't Jawhar Jordan a four star?

I think it will have a definite effect on those who are leaning to SU. Those holes we need filled will get filled. But, we are becoming a school that when we recruit will have to keep in mind who is ahead of this recruit? How many good players are freshman? Take the case of freshman Andre Cisco. WE will try to get DB's who are fast, good and have as many stars as possible. THEY will look at Cisco and others and think this kid is one of the best in the nation how am I going to play at Syracuse?

It's the same with many other positions. You want to be our kicker or punter? Andre Szymt first team All- American as a freshman. I think he will be the best kicker to come out of Syracuse ever by the time he's done and will be a standout in the NFL. The same with Sterling Hofrichter. You want to punt or kick off for us? Ask him if you can take his job?

We are a young team. I counted 9 Seniors of 99 players listed at the cuse.com roster. We are, due to the great Dino Babers, becoming a school people want to play for but depending on your talent your on the four deep at that position which is good for us because we are at the inception of being able to pick the best. The football ticket to SU is getting punched only if you are the next Trill Williams or Andre Cisco and have their abilities.

The whole point of this is we are now a very good program.

It remains to be seen how Tommy takes over the QB position, ( I wonder how tough he is and is intelligent enough to know when he has to slide), but from what I've seen of him in the brief time he's been able to play we have another winner who has a better arm than Eric, is very accurate, able to throw through small windows at 100 mph. Better get those new WR's and the ones we have working with Jugs guns on their off time because you are going to have to be able to catch a hard thrown ball if it's near you and hold onto it.

We are in a great position IMO.

GOSU :)

Last edited:
….how do you think the Champions of the Camping World Bowl, a winning season in the ACC and being an up and coming major FBS team will affect recruiting moving forward?

We don't have that many people left to recruit in the late signing period, we're almost at the limit with our early signees and for that group it shows, a lot of talent. Two four stars and why isn't Jawhar Jordan a four star?
I see two positions that will need to be filled on the DL immediately due to two personal reasons for not being in Orlando. These positions are going to have to be addressed now although I believe HCDB had to have had advance notice or thought by their play these two Jrs. were ready.

The whole point of this is we are now a very good program.

It remains to be seen how Tommy takes over the QB position, ( I wonder how tough he is and is intelligent enough to know when he has to slide), but from what I've seen of him in the brief time he's been able to play we have another winner who has a better arm than Eric, is very accurate, able to throw through small windows at 100 mph. Better get those new WR's and the ones we have working with Jugs guns on their off time because you are going to have to be able to catch a hard thrown ball if it's near you and hold onto it.

We are in a great position – lets see what develops.

GOSU :)

I think you are jumping to conclusions re D line. But, we do need a DT or two. And, Dino said we need a transfer OT.

GOSU

Winning this game in Florida, did nothing but help us! We all know how vital the state of Florida is in the recruiting wars. To have a solid showing was big.

I hope we invited every high school coach Of every top program In the state so they could see the exciting Orange offense first hand!

I don’t think you see us reap any rewards for the current recruiting class outside of convincing some highly talented grad transfers to look our way. This season and win will pay dividends on the 2020 and 2021 recruiting classes. I think the staff will actually focus more time and energy on those two during this next contact period.

The biggest thing for the staff is to start locking in the recruiting footprints that they operate in. Nick Monroe can start looking at the next level in Florida. NC and SC are going to continue to expand and don’t be surprised to see GA start to pop as well. DMV needs to get better for us to have success. PA, NY, and NJ need to improve the pulls as well. I think Cuse is at a level where Dino and staff no longer need to look nationally to get overlooked or disinterested talent because the east coast will start to take more notice.

I don’t think you see us reap any rewards for the current recruiting class outside of convincing some highly talented grad transfers to look our way. This season and win will pay dividends on the 2020 and 2021 recruiting classes. I think the staff will actually focus more time and energy on those two during this next contact period.

The biggest thing for the staff is to start locking in the recruiting footprints that they operate in. Nick Monroe can start looking at the next level in Florida. NC and SC are going to continue to expand and don’t be surprised to see GA start to pop as well. DMV needs to get better for us to have success. PA, NY, and NJ need to improve the pulls as well. I think Cuse is at a level where Dino and staff no longer need to look nationally to get overlooked or disinterested talent because the east coast will start to take more notice.
But: 1) we still have February signing to take care of, and there are probably another 3-4 (at least) players we're hoping to bring in; and 2) things are still fluid for '19 even late in the cycle ... UM just imploded and there will be JUCO and GT markets to tap (maybe an OL and a stud WR).

For the rest of '19 and into '20, recruiting should continue to trend up. SU has about everything you could ask for: weather-perfect Dome facility; $100m expansion, including a new roof and SOA lighting, on deck; a Deacon-HC that any rising star would want to play for; exciting offensive team with a solid core sprinkled with promising new talent; 10-3 season with a T-1 bowl win; national ranking ... it's not going to be hard to sell this program up and down the Atlantic coast.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom