Class of 2014 - Recruits and Offers | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Recruits and Offers

OT: Crazy story on twitter from a teammate of Edouard's. People going off on FAMU on twitter.

Bfq01IzIMAAvte3.jpg

of course some dope SU fan fwd'd it to McDonald and asked if we had room. smh...

That's just evil. How could you not give a kid a heads up sometime in advance that he might need to be shopping around a little. That's just horrible

OT: Crazy story on twitter from a teammate of Edouard's. People going off on FAMU on twitter.

Bfq01IzIMAAvte3.jpg

of course some dope SU fan fwd'd it to McDonald and asked if we had room. smh...

That is a real shame. His coach should seriously contact Rutgers. They have no one that wants to go there and if he is a FAMU recruit, he would fit right in with the rest of the RU class.

Hey Tep if Syracuse.com is correct (which is never a guarantee) then you could add Wisconsin to Moskal's offer list

We can't know about quality at this early stage, (despite star ratings and other offers). I make a quick accounting of team areas:

2 quarterback
4 wide receivers
1 WR/TE, which I'll count as a tight end.
1 running back
2 offensive linemen
4 defensive linemen
4 linebackers
7 defensive backs, (including safeties).

The speed and talent at the "skill" positions, (although I hate that term) has hopefully be upgraded so we might be able to compete better with the Florisa States ans Clemsons of the world. We'll have plenty of candidates to replace Hunt at QB when the time comes and shouldn't have to get Oklahoma's version of Charley Loeb to transfer in. I'm worried about the offensive line- almost a quarter of your starting line up. Two guys? And one running back? We lost both Smith and Gulley. I love Morris and MacFarlane but who will behind them? And how "set" are we at tight end?

I guess time will tell. Back to basketball.

We can't know about quality at this early stage, (despite star ratings and other offers). I make a quick accounting of team areas:

2 quarterback
4 wide receivers
1 running back
2 offensive linemen
4 defensive linemen
4 linebackers

The speed and talent at the "skill" positions, (although I hate that term) has hopefully be upgraded so we might be able to compete better with the Florisa States ans Clemsons of the world. We'll have plenty of candidates to replace Hunt at QB when the time comes and shouldn't have to get Oklahoma's version of Charley Loeb to transfer in. I'm worried about the offensive line- almost a quarter of your starting line up. Two guys? And one running back? We lost both Smith and Gulley. I love Morris and MacFarlane but who will behind them? And how "set" are we at tight end?

Gulley is back also.

2 quarterback
4 wide receivers
1 running back
2 offensive linemen
4 defensive linemen
4 linebackers

Not so quickly back to BB. PTG is suppose to return for another season.

When was the last time we didn't have a signing day flip, one way or the other? What a boring NLI day. ;)

2 quarterback
4 wide receivers
1 running back
2 offensive linemen
4 defensive linemen
4 linebackers

I would have preferred another quality OL, but with Hickey coming back next season, it wasn't as big a need this year. The 2 recruits we got in Ward and Roberts are quality recruits with several BCS offers. They should progress quickly. We do have depth on the OL next season, especially the 2 deep. Also, I believe we took 4 OL last yr. We have 3 deep depth, but the quality of depth is a question mark after the first string. That said, I think Lasker, Knapp, Miller, Palmer, possibly Moore, and the arrival of Hayes and Ward, should make the second string solid and serviceable. As far as RB, with PTG coming back for another season, we are in decent shape. I'd like to see AAM step up and be used more in short yardage and red zone situations. I also have a feeling we'll see Phillips sometime during the season, if ready and/or needed.

I would have preferred another quality OL, but with Hickey coming back next season, it wasn't as big a need this year. The 2 recruits we got in Ward and Roberts are quality recruits with several BCS offers. They should progress quickly. We do have depth on the OL next season, especially the 2 deep. Also, I believe we took 4 OL last yr. We have 3 deep depth, but the quality of depth is a question mark after the first string. That said, I think Lasker, Knapp, Miller, Palmer, possibly Moore, and the arrival of Hayes and Ward, should make the second string solid and serviceable. As far as RB, with PTG coming back for another season, we are in decent shape. I'd like to see AAM step up and be used more in short yardage and red zone situations. I also have a feeling we'll see Phillips sometime during the season, if ready and/or needed.

I thought PTG is leaving?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom