Class of 2014 - Recruits and Offers | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Recruits and Offers

I still can't believe we have accepted 7 defensive backs in this recruiting class. I'm not complaining either, I think it's just intriguing.

After watching last nights game I can see once again how important shut down corners are. Love em and can't ever get enough of them.

I still can't believe we have accepted 7 defensive backs in this recruiting class. I'm not complaining either, I think it's just intriguing.

We could potentially be down 5 DBS after next season so were almost replacing them 1:1.

We could potentially be down 5 DBS after next season so were almost replacing them 1:1.
With 8 comitted, I wonder if N. Howard might see some RB? Don't think we have anything in the "q" other than phillips.

We were effectively down a safety at least heading into last season too when we whiffed on Duron Singleton, who probably would have been the Dontez Ford replacement.

Figure Naes and Rodney W. at SS, fills the hole from Wilkes and D. Kelly after this season.

Prater fills the Dontez Ford/Singleton gap.

Dowels/Hudson/Cordy fills the Lyn, Anderson gap and backfills for Reddish after this season.

Dawson grayshirts

I actually think we're right where we should be with DB depth. Gives the young guys an opportunity to redshirt and also gives us some interchangeable parts if there are injury issues again this year. I think it's already been noted we have at least 1 DB on the roster that's not expected to be a contributor.

We are definitely lacking on tall DB's though. And we're likely going to need another FS with Eskridge likely going pro so those would be two big focuses for the 2015 class.

Last edited:
The question is who are they still working?

I wonder if it's Ishmael. Alin Edouard tweeted last night that he did all he could do. Aren't he and Ishmael close? And Eric White tweeted to let everyone know how much they are appreciated.

The question is who are they still working?
1) dead period, so whom could it be? Current recruits (Ish?). Silent verbal(s)? Just out there guarding the fort?
2) someone new, someone re-considered, under the radar?
3) 2015 recruits?

I wonder if it's Ishmael. Alin Edouard tweeted last night that he did all he could do. Aren't he and Ishmael close? And Eric White tweeted to let everyone know how much they are appreciated.

UofL just got another WR commit yesterday...two for the weekend. I think someone has told them he is committing elsewhere.

Shhhhhh. Now would y'all please just stop it. They are just doing what any good recruiter would do ... keeping up with the "candidate" until the "contract is signed". Because it is a Dead period tweeting is the best way to keep all the kids focused on the end goal.

Welcome Aboard Mr Ishmael!

Oh I see on the other thread! Awesome! This kid has stud written all over him. Could be our best WR since Marvin the Martian Harrison.

1. Cole Dial ‏@dialcole13 4h
  2. @EricWhiteCuse @CoachGMcDonald 14 hours until we get that first fax! Who's it going to be?? #Cuse14 #Takingittonextlevel

George McDonald ‏@CoachGMcDonald 3h
@dialcole13 @EricWhiteCuse I'm sleeping in the office so I can see it 1st lol

1. Eric White ‏@EricWhiteCuse 3h
    @CoachGMcDonald @dialcole13 it'll be A sleepover then cause those are my plans #SigningDaySlumberParty

I have to admit, that sounds like a fun time. I'm in the wrong industry.

Just the fax, Ma'am, just the fax.

brother_faxen_copy1.jpg

OT: Crazy story on twitter from a teammate of Edouard's. People going off on FAMU on twitter.

Bfq01IzIMAAvte3.jpg

of course some dope SU fan fwd'd it to McDonald and asked if we had room. smh...

Whitey23 said:
OT: Crazy story on twitter from a teammate of Edouard's. People going off on FAMU on twitter. of course some dope SU fan fwd'd it to McDonald and asked if we had room. smh...

That is a shame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom