Recruits should be tripping over eachother | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Recruits should be tripping over eachother

So I guess this is what happens when you are 30-1 and there ain't much to argue about

So I guess this is what happens when you are 30-1 and there ain't much to argue about

i dont think it is unfair to expect a big recruiting class for "13" considering this years success. And the addition of Nerlens to finish "12"

and i repeat i am not putting this on Jb and the coaching staff they have done thier parts now it is up to the kids to make thier decisions and consider this the last couple of years

Arizona, St. Johns, UCLA have had some of the top recruiting classes and those programs had been all down over the last years

What am i missing, we just went 30-1

1. Hot Coeds, and
Watching the UCLA game before the SU game made me think how their cheerleaders at one time were conisdiered the hottest in the land.

I'm sure the stud recruits know that Christmas probably never should have been a Burger Boy in the first place and can see the mistakes he is making. He is an intriguing player with his size and athleticism but is not a good player right now. His H.S. stats weren't even very good. I think he will be good with time.
This is why I puzzeled how some were expecting big things from him this year. Even next. I think in hs his SR year he didn't even avg in double firgures for points. The comment was he blew up in a big time summer camp defending big time recruits.

You mentioned Nerlens specifically, so why don't we talk about him... why should he choose Syracuse over UK?

1) UK finished 1st in home attendance for something like the 20th time in the past 22 seasons.
2) UK has finished better than Syracuse in the past 2 seasons, also only has 1 loss (with 0 conference losses) and is looking at once again another deep run.
3) UK has less competition at his position than SU.
4) UK's coach has a much better track record at getting players to the league and has a player with an almost identical skillset as Nerlens currently locked in a NPOY race and is a virtual lock for the #1 overall pick in the draft.
Eat and die, your state in its entirety is inconsequential. Go flame and troll elsewhere.

You mentioned Nerlens specifically, so why don't we talk about him... why should he choose Syracuse over UK?

1) UK finished 1st in home attendance for something like the 20th time in the past 22 seasons.
2) UK has finished better than Syracuse in the past 2 seasons, also only has 1 loss (with 0 conference losses) and is looking at once again another deep run.
3) UK has less competition at his position than SU.
4) UK's coach has a much better track record at getting players to the league and has a player with an almost identical skillset as Nerlens currently locked in a NPOY race and is a virtual lock for the #1 overall pick in the draft.
You forgot the part about Kentucky being historically the dirtiest program in the nation.

(Although, with today's attention span, 18 year old's probably don't care.)

To come play hear. Seriously

we just went 30-1 in the regular season and 17-1 in our confrence and we looking at a deep run into march to the Final Four and possibly another National Championship with our hall of fame head coach. We have well over 30,000 in the dome for all our Big games each year and the atmosphere for all the big games can not be compared to any other college bball venues in the country.

So the dudes were looking at in class of 12 (Nerlens), class of 13 (Ennis, Goodluck, Anya, and who ever else)

You have no excuses for not choosing Syracuse. Really this is not me only wearing my orange colored googles but what else more do you need to see?

and i didnt even mention the Melo center
PREACH!!!!!!

SU plays its best when it has experienced players (this year and 2009-10); the Zone demands it. Ideally, you'd have two graduating seniors each year (KJ/SJ) with two solid juniors ready to take over leadership the next year (BT/JS). That's how UCLA built its teams in the Wooden years. The once-in-a-generation Melo notwithstanding, this doesn't lend itself to one-and-doners, and SU might be better off if they stayed away.

Dropping one&done types doesn't mean recruiting projects that won't develop for 2-3 years (Cuse built its legacy on that foundation; been there, done that), but now as an elite program, SU needs to focus on talented kids who value the education and what is clearly becoming the Syracuse Family tradition and loyalty. Scoop, KJ, DC and the solid-Orange coaching staff are poster icons for this, and Melo's contribution is far greater than the length of his stay. Hope Fab, Dion (and Nerlens) understand that.-VBOF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom