Red Presser 10AM Fri | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Red Presser 10AM Fri

Guys this age aren't staying away to make some kind of passive aggressive statement.

Benny had class.

rodneydangerfield-back.gif

I just watched the Wildhack one and that really slow tracking shot at the start made me kind of motion sick.

Sometimes when someone's entire existence happens in one place, it limits their growth because they're not exposed to as great a variety of learning experiences as possible.

I believe Gerry is facing that at Syracuse. His growth is limited. I'm not talking about job titles. I'm talking about range of experience.

And also, there's a certain point in a professional's career where they need to prove that they have value outside of what they know. I believe Gerry is beyond that point here.

I don't think Syracuse basketball fans have a great concept of this because our primary example of staying home is an extreme, historically unprecedented outlier when it comes to best case, most successful scenario.

Which ironically also sets an unfair standard for Gerry.
Why? He might just love being an assistant at SU.

So you want Gerry fired? I don't get the life experience thing. I would say Gerry has a hell of a lot of life experience. National Championship, multiple Big East Championships, BYU NCAA game, the Garden run, along with all the other clutch performances. I can't imagine relating to our players would be much different to other players "Outside the Syracuse bubble."
I just don't see the justification for keeping him around, if we're basing it on results. I'm open to being wrong, but soon enough we'll have an idea of much of the dip in recruiting over the last several years was due to being kneecapped by Boeheim's limitations and how much of it is was about the assistants' ability (or inability) to identify, acquire and develop top talent.

That looks good.
This picture with the blue curtain and all those banners… why can’t we bring that back? Put it behind the video board or have two smaller incarnations hanging on each side?

That's how you put all the messiness in the rear-view mirror and change the narrative. Well done and emotional, as it should be under the circumstances. I swear, though, JB must read this board. He addressed everything everyone has been talking about on here for weeks.
It's what national media etc was saying after yesterday. Not just the board.

Just finished the press conference. Agree with the takes here-- thought it was well done and what we needed, especially after some of the reaction to Wednesday's announcements. Thanks to everyone.

All of this exposure today for Red is definitely not a bad thing for Syracuse University basketball.

I need to know how much longer I have to be on here to be with part of the pay side board
When Buddy takes over from Gerry in 30 years.

Red>Gerry>Buddy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom