Red Presser 10AM Fri | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Red Presser 10AM Fri

Watched the replay while reading this thread. As others have said, it was better than I even imagined. Really great to see everyone here ready to give Red and the program our full support.
I am excited for the prospect of up and down, run and gun, fast breaking Orange ball!

Actually, there are a lot of average to poor school districts all over the country... One thing NY state generally has going for it is a lot of good school districts, since SUNY has so many teacher's colleges.

Sure, but that wasn’t totally my point. Gerry as a head basketball coach somewhere would certainly be well enough off to either move to another district just as good as JD or be able to send his kids to a good private school. Him passing up better opportunities just because he likes the school district he lives in is like me passing up a job opportunity out of town because I like the taco shop in my neighborhood. There obviously could be a myriad of other factors at play for him, but I would hope “school district” is way down his list.

One thing I am interested in is who is going to come back and who will be asked to leave if anyone. Not everyone on the current roster may fit what Red wants in a player or can play the way he imagines. Will he welcome them all back regardless? Will he honor their playing time or recruit over there in the portal? I know we are young but are we young with ACC talent is the question. I think it will be an interesting couple of days as we may see players hit the portal or see our name start to be mentioned with possible portal targets.

Look there’s a million things I want to say but I won’t at this time but Cuse got the right guy (no offense to Hop, Gmac or Griff). This is the way it should have gone and had to go. I think JWs comments here were telling

I understand your point, but maybe Gerry doesn't want to do that. By your logic it seems that anyone in a long time position is limiting their growth when perhaps they are content where they are.
Gmac loves SU, has a great job, his family is happy here and he makes a ton of money. Why would he leave.

Sure, but that wasn’t totally my point. Gerry as a head basketball coach somewhere would certainly be well enough off to either move to another district just as good as JD or be able to send his kids to a good private school. Him passing up better opportunities just because he likes the school district he lives in is like me passing up a job opportunity out of town because I like the taco shop in my neighborhood. There obviously could be a myriad of other factors at play for him, but I would hope “school district” is way down his list.

Lemme put it this way -

IF the Iona job comes open, finding a good school district in Westchester will be literally the least of their concerns, if he decides to pursue that opportunity.

I get not wanting to disrupt the family situation, but he’s lived a charmed life in that regard to this point, as far a AC’s lives go.

Lemme put it this way -

IF the Iona job comes open, finding a good school district in Westchester will be literally the least of their concerns, if he decides to pursue that opportunity.

I get not wanting to disrupt the family situation, but he’s lived a charmed life in that regard to this point, as far a AC’s lives go.

Exactly, that’s more or less the point I was trying to make.

Exactly, that’s more or less the point I was trying to make.
In all fairness, some consideration should go to his kids’ social and mental well being. If he decides to put off career advancement until his kids are older then I salute him for being a good father. Once kids establish strong connections and make friends, uprooting that can be traumatic… and unnecessary.

Gmac loves SU, has a great job, his family is happy here and he makes a ton of money. Why would he leave.

I agree 1000 percent he can be here as long as he likes with job security why not stay until kids are out of school

She looks beautiful and it doesn’t mar her appearance at all. We certainly wouldn’t want her to get a nose job like Jennifer Grey in Dirty Dancing did, thus spoiling her career and making her look like a thousand other actresses. Do we? Well, DO WE????

The frequency with which we (collectively) use this board to comment on the physical features of women is a bit bothersome. Especially when we have more than a few women contributors, many of whom are stalwarts of the board.

(This is not intended as a pontification. Nor am in pretending to be holier than thou, as I freely admit to my personal guilt in this regard. I am trying to be better. )

In all fairness, some consideration should go to his kids’ social and mental well being. If he decides to put off career advancement until his kids are older then I salute him for being a good father. Once kids establish strong connections and make friends, uprooting that can be traumatic… and unnecessary.
I think his kids will be just fine if Dad has to move the family for a career advancement.

2322B9FE-D589-4839-AC90-B04C3FCA7AA7.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom