Red to be on Rothstein's Podcast | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Red to be on Rothstein's Podcast

heard red wants another guard and a center - i think the guard spot is covered...

for me taylor is a guard...I dont like the idea of him as a forward...same with quadir...i think hes more of a guard than forward...

forward spot is much more iffy

if I had two spots left on this roster...i'd go center and forward - hopefully both can shoot from outside.

heard red wants another guard and a center - i think the guard spot is covered...

for me taylor is a guard...I dont like the idea of him as a forward...same with quadir...i think hes more of a guard than forward...

if I had two spots left on this roster...i'd go center and forward - hopefully both can shoot from outside.

This isn't JBs zone SU. It also is in the era of being guard/wing heavy not forward heavy.

Folks need to clear their mind that we have to have so much reliance on the forward position in a traditional sense.

The standard is 20 or 21 wins? I’d say that’s the bare minimum.
That standard was established when the regular season was only 26 games. To say that 21-10 is a standard is bubble territory. Don’t think he did the math and was probably pulling that as an old sound bite.

That standard was established when the regular season was only 26 games. To say that 21-10 is a standard is bubble territory. Don’t think he did the math and was probably pulling that as an old sound bite.

Yeah exactly how I took it. He mentioned winning a lot more then casually the 21 wins number.

I agree 21-10 should be the minimum standard, but it shouldn't be bubble territory if the ACC gets their head out of their A$$ in the non-conference.

If Autry puts Taylor or Copeland in at forward, you can just be glad we're trying out our new three guard lineup. ;)

Last edited:
I agree 21-10 should be the minimum standard, but it shouldn't be bubble territory if the ACC gets their head out of their A$$ in the non-conference.
I think 24-7 is the benchmark for a "good" season. It guarantees a decent seed and maximum of single digit losses.

Anything more is getting into "very good" or "great" season territory.

23-8 is "ok." 20 wins or less is "bad" to "terrible."

A lot of "bad" to "terrible" around here lately...

I think 24-7 is the benchmark for a "good" season. It guarantees a decent seed and maximum of single digit losses.

Anything more is getting into "very good" or "great" season territory.

23-8 is "ok." 20 wins or less is "bad" to "terrible."

A lot of "bad" to "terrible" around here lately...
Ehhh it's really dependent on conference strength. 23-8 can be a fine season. We did that in 2013 when we were a 4 seed and were in the top 10 most of the season. We ended up winning 30 games and finished 9th in KenPom. That was when the big east was regularly getting 8-10 teams in the tournament though. This ACC has been much much weaker.

Ehhh it's really dependent on conference strength. 23-8 can be a fine season. We did that in 2013 when we were a 4 seed and were in the top 10 most of the season. We ended up winning 30 games and finished 9th in KenPom. That was when the big east was regularly getting 8-10 teams in the tournament though. This ACC has been much much weaker.
Agree. Just look at the records for this year's tournament teams.

Agree. Just look at the records for this year's tournament teams.

Virginia was the top ACC team, with a record of 25-6 and only 16th overall.

A reasonable record and seed for a top program like Syracuse?

In a year where the ACC has four top10 teams all year and five others in the top 25 at various points, sure Baylor's 22-10 would be ok, since that left them a top10 seed. Usually 22 wins would be sub par, imo.

Virginia was the top ACC team, with a record of 25-6 and only 16th overall.

A reasonable record and seed for a top program like Syracuse?

In a year where the ACC has four top10 teams all year and five others in the top 25 at various points, sure Baylor's 22-10 would be ok, since that left them a top10 seed. Usually 22 wins would be sub par, imo.
We need to get back to winning games in November and December. We went decades(until 2014) with 0-2 non-conference losses. In most of those seasons it was at most 1. I know we had a reputation for having a cupcake schedule some years, but we always used to win our preseason tournament(Maui/Atlantis/Preseason NIT). Now we are starting from behind every season.

Feels kinda like you're low key dikembe'ing him here.

No way, I would never use a Georgetown player to praise a Cuse athlete or Coach!​

7C686BDC-DD82-4744-B81F-AAF5F178B1B3.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom