Red's Postgame Presser | UNC | Syracusefan.com

Red's Postgame Presser | UNC

Autry: “I thought today’s game, from the beginning, North Carolina was the tougher team. They jumped on us and kept the pressure up. They were really good defensively.”

Autry: “The first time we were kind of on our heels all year.”

Autry: “One game doesn’t define a season. Whether it’s a win, a big win, or a loss.”

Autry: “I thought UNC’s pressure [affected us]. They were physical and on us.”

Autry: “[The 2-3 zone] was a response to what they did. They’re physical inside and have outside shooters.”

Autry: “They were tougher than us. They went after it. We didn’t do a good job at all defensively. That’s the bottom line. We didn’t do a good job in any aspect.”

Autry: “I didn’t think spacing was a big problem today. The pressure drove us into holding the hall too much. We’ll review film and work on that…the spacing got messed up because of the pressure.”

Autry: “I thought today’s game, from the beginning, North Carolina was the tougher team. They jumped on us and kept the pressure up. They were really good defensively.”

Autry: “The first time we were kind of on our heels all year.”

Autry: “One game doesn’t define a season. Whether it’s a win, a big win, or a loss.”

Autry: “I thought UNC’s pressure [affected us]. They were physical and on us.”

Autry: “[The 2-3 zone] was a response to what they did. They’re physical inside and have outside shooters.”

Autry: “They were tougher than us. They went after it. We didn’t do a good job at all defensively. That’s the bottom line. We didn’t do a good job in any aspect.”

Autry: “I didn’t think spacing was a big problem today. The pressure drove us into holding the hall too much. We’ll review film and work on that…the spacing got messed up because of the pressure.”
Hard for a big win to define a season when you don’t have one.

And if he didn’t think spacing was an issue then he’s watching a different game

This was not the first time we’ve been “on our heels” all year. Worst blowout loss of the year, sure. But we’ve been destroyed by 5 different teams this year where we never had a chance to come back.

yes red. we cut it to 15 (39-54) for one possession and were down 23 (39-62) one minute later. as far as watching film... you've seen those nature channel shows where the orcas toss seals around ? that was us today. to red's credit he keeps his cool and composure even after a grand whooping.

Red has me questioning how I pronounce Bacot.

gotta be brutal to be on the receiving end of such a game

seems totally deflated and saddened

this loss might be a backbreaker for the team, imo

Hard for a big win to define a season when you don’t have one.

And if he didn’t think spacing was an issue then he’s watching a different game
he said the pressure defense was the issue and acknowledged that the pressure cause spacing issues

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom