Referees: Ed Corbett, Jeffrey Anderson, Nathan Farrell show | Syracusefan.com

Referees: Ed Corbett, Jeffrey Anderson, Nathan Farrell show

Chicago44s

2nd String
Was a basketball game played tonight because all I saw on tv were the three stooges. How many inconsistent fouls and replays were there tonight of them checking the monitor?

Nobody calls that flop in the last minute. Nathan Farrell/Ogdensburg kid too, looked like he had an axe to grind tonight.

You know what sucked? Our offense. And our first half defense. We were atrocious on offense all game. It was hard to watch.

You know what also was a fact? How bad that charge call was. And my god, how many travels were not called?

What the freaking hell did I watch? Not basketball, it was awful. Just awful.

We missed 10 free throws including 2 front ends of 1-1's. Otherwise we win in regulation. Even though our offense was pure dung tonight.

100% agree, they did nothing to help themselves win tonight. I was surprised a technical foul wasn’t called for the entire Bonnie’s team running onto the court.

It was just wildly inconsistent from 1st half to 2nd. Then within the second half it was also inconsistent again. Hell, they had both teams in the double bonus with like 9 minutes left in the first half. 10 minutes into the second I think they had called 1 foul. And no that was not all due to the players adjusting.

They shouldn't be allowed to ref another game.

But I'm sure we'll see them next week.

The NBA used to have a horrible officiating problem, where their game had devolved into scrums that made the games ugly to watch. They adjusted the rules to clean things up and held the refs accountable, and things changed for the better.

It is a lot harder to do that in college basketball, where there are thousands of refs across all levels, most working other jobs. Stinks that there is such variance, due to them being unaccountable.

blaming the refs is so lame. lotta fouls both ways. we did not play well. there it is.
We had our chances to win and didn’t convert, and our three best players couldn’t make a shot to save their lives. But these refs were godawful. Still a gutsy comeback by the Cuse. I think all the whistles in the first half affected both team’s shooting percentages.

We had our chances to win and didn’t convert, and our three best players couldn’t make a shot to save their lives. But these refs were godawful. Still a gutsy comeback by the Cuse. I think all the whistles affected both team’s shooting percentages.

Can't get into a rhythm. It was unwatchable.

fouls were 22/23. seems fair enuf
That is a very bad, not just bad, very bad way to look at it. Because two teams have an equal number of fouls called on them means less than nothing. We play zone. They play man to man. Man usually gets more fouls. Syracuse G-town back in the day would be a abortion if the fouls were even. One team picks up full court and the other is playing zone. How would equal fouls be fair?

and the team trailing double digits generally fouls more to prolong the game. that was us.

I am not a fan where the refs take the game over from the start. When the refs take center stage over the kids and the game then it feels like trying to hard.