Referees: Ed Corbett, Jeffrey Anderson, Nathan Farrell show | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Referees: Ed Corbett, Jeffrey Anderson, Nathan Farrell show

The NBA used to have a horrible officiating problem, where their game had devolved into scrums that made the games ugly to watch. They adjusted the rules to clean things up and held the refs accountable, and things changed for the better.

It is a lot harder to do that in college basketball, where there are thousands of refs across all levels, most working other jobs. Stinks that there is such variance, due to them being unaccountable.

Pay up for real refs then. Make it a full time job. They aren’t giving the players any money, pay somebody at least.

The worst ref I've ever seen was one of the refs in the Ole Miss game last year... But as a group this was the worst officiated game. They had no idea what they were doing from the tip off

i'm fine pointing out the officials when they're horrendous or biased. but blaming them simply every time you play lousy is the easy out.and it happens every game here .
i listened tonite. but realize you are watching with a bias you can't control. 22/23 fouls.
so much easier to place the blame elsewhere when you yourself are the root cause. own it.

Last edited:
The help defender not even attempting to play defense but just getting in the way and falling as soon as there is any contact is the single worst play in sports. Why is that rewarded? It takes absolutely zero talent, it’s dangerous, and it basically eliminates any athleticism and grace from the game. Everybody just chuck 3’s, that’s all you’re allowed to do.

i'm fine pointing out the officials when they're horrendous or biased. but blaming them simply every time you play lousy is the easy out.and it happens every game here .
i listened tonite. but realize you are watching with a bias you can't control. 22/23.

And you take shots at the coach often when we lose, and often when we win. Biased? Of course. It’s all part of being a sports fan.

Disagree on both counts. There was contact but it should have been a no - call. I don't think the ref had a very good angle on it.

I'm not saying that there wasn't contact... There was but Oshae avoided it and the contact occurred because the defender was moving up and slid his body to the left towards Oshae.

He was definitely moving forward. Slow mo replay shows it. Hard to see because the movement forward was minimal but he was moving.

I saw it as a charge that could have been a no call at that point in the game. I'm more upset about the play. Frank picks up the ball near half court, the only option on the play was for Brissett to drive. The defender picked it up, stepped up and took the contact. There was plenty of time to make things happen. That was desperate.

Can't get into a rhythm. It was unwatchable.
I agree. Lets be reasonable. Biggest lead we had all night was 20 seconds into the game when Battle hit the three. It was all bad from there. Just no intensity on the floor short of Dolezaj. Maybe they are tired, maybe they thought they could mail it in or maybe 7 players is not enough for 3 games in 6 days.

EA2B83A5-9B35-4F4D-870B-8C27E3FF634F.jpeg
Pregame photo of tonight’s officials

I agree. Lets be reasonable. Biggest lead we had all night was 20 seconds into the game when Battle hit the three. It was all bad from there. Just no intensity on the floor short of Dolezaj. Maybe they are tired, maybe they thought they could mail it in or maybe 7 players is not enough for 3 games in 6 days.
If only they showed some intensity! They might have shut the Bonnie's out instead of playing matador defense and giving up a whole 17 points in the 2nd half.

If only they showed some intensity! They might have shut the Bonnie's out instead of playing matador defense and giving up a whole 17 points in the 2nd half.
I should have been a bit more specific and indicated the intensity was lacking on the offensive side. I agree the defense was there in the second half but the horse got out of the barn in the first half.

Worst officiating I think I’ve seen in my entire life bar none.

I feel like it's been soooooooo long since I've really griped about the officiating. I thought they were awful both ways most of the game, but then sort of hosed us toward the end.

A couple of favorites:

Battle's breakaway...dear god, he literally got NO ball on the strip, and that was a fairly difficult task. It was also the slowest developing fast break of all-time and Farrell somehow was behind the play? Howard took like 14 dribbles before getting it up to Battle. That Farrell guy was something to watch tonight. He was out-of-his-mind bad. Kudos.

In the OT, that Moyer block was likely called because Moyer did it in such a spazzy fashion, however, even in full speed it didn't look like he fouled anyone. The replay showed that the driving player threw an elbow into Sdibe's face...and that was the sum total of the contact on the play.

It seemed like the Bonnies got away with a bunch of travels at the end. On wellz. Brissett should have finished the game in regulation. :(

they must have missed 7-8 travels in the 2nd half alone. one late that led to adams FTs during the press

Yup. One late in the game when we down a point or two or tied. They trapped Mobley I think up by the Bonnies bench. He then pulls off this pirouette/spin move which was a blatant travel in order to pass out of it. SU played GREAT D in those sequences.

Pay up for real refs then. Make it a full time job. They aren’t giving the players any money, pay somebody at least.

That's what I'm thinking about doing with chicks. The quality of performance would likely change.

i listened tonite. but realize you are watching with a bias you can't control. 22/23 fouls.
so much easier to place the blame elsewhere when you yourself are the root cause. own it.

People forget we would have lost the last 2 games in a row(prior to this one), if not for actual outlandish calls that almost NOBODY on here disagreed on, unlike SOME of the ones mentioned during this game! One member had the nerve to mock my fan status tonight simply because I point out the facts, so be careful. Sometimes comformity is the safest path, depending on what values are important to you,