Regarding Bergeron... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Regarding Bergeron...

Think Bergeron is a stud and will only improve. His progress and level of play through the last half of the season when he became part of the starting unit is extremely rare for a true freshmen, regardless of age.

If we can land both Reed and Bleich to close out this class that will really turn the OL situation on it's head and give us some quality depth. Those guys will compete for spots right away. I'd expect the level of play to be significantly improved in 2020. I agree with the need for a true center. It seems after the loss of Tyrone Sampson we haven't done a good job recruiting the center position and instead relied on converting guards to play the position. It's clearly hurt the quality of the line and there isn't really a short term fix. Would definitely like to see us refocus on getting some quality prospects at the position, which is hard to do because there aren't a whole lot of them out there.

Can you imagine if we didn’t have Bergeron last year? This kid literally showed up at a prospect camp unannounced, out of nowhere, with no fanfare and proceeded to dominate. His highlight tape was on par with many better rated prospects in the northeast, plus he had the benefit of having a better pass protection technique from playing the pass heavy Canadian game.

I thought he did a great job for a true freshman so I'm 100% sold on him.

Bleich is a guard.
Reed is a 3/2 tackle and Servais is a senior.
Pogorelc is not coming to Syracuse.

We have a giant hole at Center. Vet is going to be solid there but we need another - or two - guys who can play center and play it well enough so there's no drop off. Maybe Bleich can ?

Reed is actually a 4 to play 3

I guessed he would be the best true fr this year. Hopefully some other guys are close behind him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom