Regarding Bergeron... | Syracusefan.com

Regarding Bergeron...

Orangtiz

Starter
How sold are we on him as a staple of the offensive line in the future. We are after a lot of big time offensive linemen (Bleich, Reed, Pogorelc, etc.) could these kids actually come in here and play right away as freshmen? Only one starter graduating, going to be some battles if we land those kids.

Based on what I've heard... Bergeron seems like "the guy" upfront moving forward.

Servais, Reed, Vetrello, Davis and Bergereon are the 5 people i want locked in day 1 in practice as starters {assuming we get reed}

Servais, Reed, Vetrello, Davis and Bergereon are the 5 people i want locked in day 1 in practice as starters {assuming we get reed}
Ill take Tisdale

We need to be going after OL hard for a few years to build the depth we lost to DQs and misses.
Bergeron looks to be solid piece of the line for the next few years.

Recruiting a bunch of guys is no reflection on next year's starters. It's more a reflection of how we still don't have adequate depth there and that you never know which guys are going to pan out. Our highest rated oline recruit has yet to see any meaningful playing time despite our need to play young guys this year and an injury to one guy early in the year sent our whole line into disarray. We need to get a bunch every year to make sure we get enough that are good enough to start along with some for adequate depth.

Bergereon was really good as a Freshman. I only expect him to improve but competition is good thing and the best player will play.

First always bring in talent and comp. Let the coaches figure out the math of who plays where. I think Bergeron did pretty damn well when he needed to step up. I think he is a fixture the next 3 years. Calling it now! He will be 2nd/3rd round pick by the time he leaves.

I mean the OL played a lot better once he came in. So if he proves himself in the spring that is fine by me.

How sold are we on him as a staple of the offensive line in the future. We are after a lot of big time offensive linemen (Bleich, Reed, Pogorelc, etc.) could these kids actually come in here and play right away as freshmen? Only one starter graduating, going to be some battles if we land those kids.

Based on what I've heard... Bergeron seems like "the guy" upfront moving forward.

I thought he did a great job for a true freshman so I'm 100% sold on him.

Bleich is a guard.
Reed is a 3/2 tackle and Servais is a senior.
Pogorelc is not coming to Syracuse.

We have a giant hole at Center. Vet is going to be solid there but we need another - or two - guys who can play center and play it well enough so there's no drop off. Maybe Bleich can ?

Yes. Sold on him and the idea of continuing to bring in the best OL recruits we can. The two are not not mutually exclusive. QB is the only position where you see top guys trying to avoid competition (and that’s kind of bs too).

he was also a bit older than a normal Fr coming from canada wasnt he?
He was about a year older. But he started as a true frosh despite not enrolling last spring.

HCDB says he can and will get a lot stronger. If so, yes, i think he might play on Sundays. He has unusual athleticism for an OT.

Last edited:
I thought he did a great job for a true freshman so I'm 100% sold on him.

Bleich is a guard.
Reed is a 3/2 tackle and Servais is a senior.
Pogorelc is not coming to Syracuse.

We have a giant hole at Center. Vet is going to be solid there but we need another - or two - guys who can play center and play it well enough so there's no drop off. Maybe Bleich can ?
Heckel is still on the team.

Bergeron looked very promising in the last 3 games of the year.

Inside info that his injury was that bad? Or just a guess?
Don't recall who but a board insider I believe had indicated he may not be back. It was related to his health. As we know situations with players can often remain fluid so I wouldn't say anything is in stone. Sorry I do not recall who but do remember it was from someone who has shown they have contacts in the program.

Depth, depth, depth, depth, and depth.

Oh yeah, and beef. Where is it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom