Remaining games | Syracusefan.com

Remaining games

20Plus

This Plus one maybe two in ACCT gets us in position to get it in.

Are those your % chance of winning or from a website. I'm not disagreeing with it but it does have us winning four straight on the road. Not saying it won't happen but based on the season so far I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

I can't take the uncertainty any longer. I'm going to call the psychic hotline!

Georgia Tech just beat FSU and Notre Dame at home back to back. These are far from guarantee wins.

If these are computer odds and the ncaa selection committee uses this same computer program then we would be projected to be IN the tourney at the moment! Lol

Those actually look pretty close to the math I would use with Orange colored glasses / our path if we are actually getting in the tourney. No chance we are a 2-1 favorite at NC State or a favorite at Clemson or GTech but it could happen...

All the remaining games are going to be tough games. If this team does make it to the tournament they will have deserved it!

I think Virginia and Duke are possible wins at home but what's our magic number for the tourney? Will 19 wins cut it? How about 18 wins and we are #7 in the ACC?

If these are computer odds and the ncaa selection committee uses this same computer program then we would be projected to be IN the tourney at the moment! Lol
During the fsu game the announcers, when showing the league standings, said that joey brackets had clemson (at 1-8 in the league) in the field

What?????

I think Virginia and Duke are possible wins at home but what's our magic number for the tourney? Will 19 wins cut it? How about 18 wins and we are #7 in the ACC?
Yes I would say 19 or 20 wins and we are in with a win against Virginia and/or Duke although a win against Duke is starting to look less impressive but will still help the resume. Then a win or two in the ACC tourney would get us in I would think. Would not think I would being saying that after what we did in the non conference still quite the uphill battle though.

In all likelihood, we are going to be underdogs in all these road games. Each one (minus Louisville) is probably closer to the 30-35% chance range. I respect your optimism, though.

In all likelihood, we are going to be underdogs in all these road games. Each one (minus Louisville) is probably closer to the 30-35% chance range. I respect your optimism, though.

Kenpom projections, for those curious

@NC State-47%
Virginia-28%
Clemson-27%
@Pitt- 47%
Louisville- 25%
@Ga Tech-45%
Duke-39%
@Lville-9%
Ga Tech-71%

It's possible we aren't favored in a game until the end of the year.

IMHO, we need to win 3 of the next four games to have a reasonable shot, and that is a tough task. In addition, those three wins must include a W vs. UVa on Saturday at the Dome. We have to be hunting signature wins at this point.
Again, just my beliefs.

We have really bad losses on our resume; like really, really bad. And we currently have 1, maybe 2, good wins. Couple this with zero road wins so far and that puts us in one hell of a predicament.

I think 21 wins (counting the ACCT) is the bare minimum the team can do to get in. Sitting at 13-9 currently, we would need to win 6 of the last 9 conference games and win 2 in the ACCT. 6 wins to close out the season means the team doesn't stumble against any of the teams they're 'supposed' to beat, wins every road game except @L'ville, and wins about 2 or 3 games where we'll be the underdog according to Vegas.

I'll try to stay as optimistic as possible but it's going to be tough.

We have really bad losses on our resume; like really, really bad. And we currently have 1, maybe 2, good wins. Couple this with zero road wins so far and that puts us in one hell of a predicament.

I think 21 wins (counting the ACCT) is the bare minimum the team can do to get in. Sitting at 13-9 currently, we would need to win 6 of the last 9 conference games and win 2 in the ACCT. 6 wins to close out the season means the team doesn't stumble against any of the teams they're 'supposed' to beat, wins every road game except @L'ville, and wins about 2 or 3 games where we'll be the underdog according to Vegas.

I'll try to stay as optimistic as possible but it's going to be tough.

You're not right

If we win five more games that means we've either demolished all of the bubble teams we are competing with in conference or we have one or two top 20 wins!!

that plus one in the ACC tournament will get us and I think our magic number six maybe seven total including ACC tournament

You're not right

If we win five more games that means we've either demolished all of the bubble teams we are competing with in conference or we have one or two top 20 wins!!

that plus one in the ACC tournament will get us and I think our magic number six maybe seven total including ACC tournament

If we get 6 more and than 1 in the acc tourney we should be in no problem, I just don't see 6 more wins on the schedule, I think even 5 would be tough, but doable.

If we get 6 more and than 1 in the acc tourney we should be in no problem, I just don't see 6 more wins on the schedule, I think even 5 would be tough, but doable.

Do you think we play like we have the rest of the way in ACC or do you think we play the way we did in the OOC? I think that's where people disagree. I think if we play like we have in the ACC at home we can win 6. There isn't an unwinnable game left on the schedule. We don't have UNC twice and they are the team we struggle with most.

Do you think we play like we have the rest of the way in ACC or do you think we play the way we did in the OOC? I think that's where people disagree. I think if we play like we have in the ACC at home we can win 6. There isn't an unwinnable game left on the schedule. We don't have UNC twice and they are the team we struggle with most.

UVA says hi.

Other than our miraculous comeback last year (and Mali's Gone Mad! ain't walking thru that door) we've never beaten them in the ACC, and it's never even been close. :(
We did have that one game a few years ago, where we got up big on them early, but they eventually got back into it, and then pulled away.
We have beaten UNC as an ACC member. Just not recently.

Also, Llvll has always been tough for us. And we do play them 2x.
Rick the Quick has JB's number historically, almost as much as Dixon and Jay Wright did/do.

I think @lville is pretty close to unwinnable. Aside from that, sure, there aren't any real unwinnable games, but there also aren't really any cakewalk games either.

UVA says hi.

Other than our miraculous comeback last year (and Mali's Gone Mad! ain't walking thru that door) we've never beaten them in the ACC, and it's never even been close. :(
We did have that one game a few years ago, where we got up big on them early, but they eventually got back into it, and then pulled away.

Rick the Quick has JB's number historically, almost as much as Dixon and Jay Wright did/do.
Yeah, I would put UVA right up there with Dixon led Pitt as our toughest matchups recently.

UNC has us since our addition to the ACC for one simple reason. That team, can flat out rebound, which is pretty much our biggest weakness, other than our road version of our "zone".

UVA says hi.

UVA will be tough, but it's at home. I'll take my chances with Louisville at the dome. We beat them with one of our worst teams two years ago.

Wright's record against Boeheim is 10-9. Not sure that is owning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom