Remaining games | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Remaining games

I think @lville is pretty close to unwinnable. Aside from that, sure, there aren't any real unwinnable games, but there also aren't really any cakewalk games either.

I agree with that. I already had penciled that in as a loss. Same with UVA next Saturday. Not sure if this is good, but we get the tougher teams at home and the weaker ones on the road. If we win Wednesday I think we will win multiple road games down the stretch.

I agree with that. I already had penciled that in as a loss. Same with UVA next Saturday. Not sure if this is good, but we get the tougher teams at home and the weaker ones on the road. If we win Wednesday I think we will win multiple road games down the stretch.

I think (THINK) its better to have the schedule set up the way we do, but I guess who really can say for sure. Basically what it means is what i said before, there aren't a ton of no hope games (@LVille is pretty close, like I said) but there's also no easy ones.

We have 5 road games left; I'm writing off Lville, you may disagree, but this is my post. The other 4 are Nc State, Clemson, pitt, and Ga tech. If they win tomorrow, i agree they'd likely win at least 1 of the other 3, which does get you to multiple road wins. They should be able to beat Pitt, even on the road, I think.

Do you think we play like we have the rest of the way in ACC or do you think we play the way we did in the OOC? I think that's where people disagree. I think if we play like we have in the ACC at home we can win 6. There isn't an unwinnable game left on the schedule. We don't have UNC twice and they are the team we struggle with most.

Any game I think is winnable, but only winnable if one of our point guard shows up.

We had almost 4 guys with a double double last game and it was still close a with a minute to go.

I think Gillon is the key to all of this but how many times is he going 20 points 10 assists or comparable game is he going to have to bring us to a victory?

Any game I think is winnable, but only winnable if one of our point guard shows up.

We had almost 4 guys with a double double last game and it was still close a with a minute to go.

I think Gillon is the key to all of this but how many times is he going 20 points 10 assists or comparable game is he going to have to bring us to a victory?

I'm not saying we are going to win every game, but every game is winnable was more my point.

I agree the point guard is important. Gillon believe it or not is 2nd in the ACC in Assists and A/TO ratio. It's more his shooting that's been the issue in conference play.

UVA says hi.

Other than our miraculous comeback last year (and Mali's Gone Mad! ain't walking thru that door) we've never beaten them in the ACC, and it's never even been close. :(
We did have that one game a few years ago, where we got up big on them early, but they eventually got back into it, and then pulled away.
We have beaten UNC as an ACC member. Just not recently.

Also, Llvll has always been tough for us. And we do play them 2x.
Rick the Quick has JB's number historically, almost as much as Dixon and Jay Wright did/do.

From a UVA fan's perspective, I'd gladly exchange all of those regular season wins for the Elite 8 win. You guys won the one that counts the most.

I think (THINK) its better to have the schedule set up the way we do, but I guess who really can say for sure. Basically what it means is what i said before, there aren't a ton of no hope games (@LVille is pretty close, like I said) but there's also no easy ones.

We have 5 road games left; I'm writing off Lville, you may disagree, but this is my post. The other 4 are Nc State, Clemson, pitt, and Ga tech. If they win tomorrow, i agree they'd likely win at least 1 of the other 3, which does get you to multiple road wins. They should be able to beat Pitt, even on the road, I think.

louisville is a definite loss i agree with that. by far the toughest game left on the schedule. i wouldnt be surprised if we won all our home games, i know the home schedule is tough but its really hard to win on the road in conference and we've been really good at home. like ive said, i think thats our best shot at making the tournament, win the home games and try to steal 1 or 2 road wins.

All the remaining games are going to be tough games. If this team does make it to the tournament they will have deserved it!

To get to 12-6, we need to go 7-2. Not impossible, but not likely either. A win at Louisville would be absolutely huge, especially if we went 6-3.

louisville is a definite loss i agree with that. by far the toughest game left on the schedule. i wouldnt be surprised if we won all our home games, i know the home schedule is tough but its really hard to win on the road in conference and we've been really good at home. like ive said, i think thats our best shot at making the tournament, win the home games and try to steal 1 or 2 road wins.

Those Gad Dem Louisville hometown refs are Dyson vacuums!

I'm not saying we are going to win every game, but every game is winnable was more my point.

I agree the point guard is important. Gillon believe it or not is 2nd in the ACC in Assists and A/TO ratio. It's more his shooting that's been the issue in conference play.

Is Gillon second in the ACC based on all games or conference games? They really should have conference standings based on confercne games to ensure a consistent level of opposition.

Is Gillon second in the ACC based on all games or conference games? They really should have conference standings based on confercne games to ensure a consistent level of opposition.

Conference.

"ess than three weeks ago, ESPN’s Joe Lunardi had all but buried the Orange from making the field of 68, saying, “The following is presented as a public service so that we may prepare ourselves for the inevitable: Syracuse is going to miss the 2017 NCAA Tournament.”"

"Lunardi cited Syracuse’s sub-standard RPI ranking of 161 at the time, which Syracuse.com’s Brent Axe noted just four days later had already risen to 133. But now, after Saturday’s win over Florida State, it has climbed to 90."

Sorry, Mr. Lundari, but Syracuse is still very much alive for the NCAA Tournament - The Juice Online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom