Remaining schedule | Syracusefan.com

Remaining schedule

Finwad32

Hall of Fame
I really believe that We'll make BC, Wake & UConn look completely outclassed.

VT, Pitt, NC St and USF are mostly toss ups that I'm leaning slightly towards us on for the most part. I think we'll make Pitt look bad, but, I respect Narduzzi tremendously and will wait to see what he brings.

Clemson, ND & Fla. St.? Let's just see what happens and do our best to grow against them.

Offensively, we're only going to get better. I mean, we're going to be really, really good on O.

Defensively, I really think that's the only direction we can go right now.

I'm definitely more confident offensively against the likes of the NC States, BCs, WFs, uconns, etc. after seeing last night. Those teams aren't going to have Louisville's athletes on defense, or be able to get so much pressure on Dungey.

The question is, can we win two out of that second grouping you list [VT, NC State, Pitt, USF]? Need to find 6.

USF has be worried as they are Louisville light and we might have been bit hard by the injury bug this week
VT I think we can out offense them
NC ST my pure hatred for this team makes me see a win no matter what :)
Pitt in Nov might pose some issues, but still should be a good game
BC, Wake, and UConn will all be in for a world of hurt
We should be bowling even with all of the issues we saw tonight.

I'm definitely more confident offensively against the likes of the NC States, BCs, WFs, uconns, etc. after seeing last night. Those teams aren't going to have Louisville's athletes on defense, or be able to get so much pressure on Dungey.

The question is, can we win two out of that second grouping you list [VT, NC State, Pitt, USF]? Need to find 6.
I like us against VT & Pitt, not sure on NC State yet or USF.

We'll make Pitt look bad?? What are you basing that on? Pitt will probably be favored.
I'm basing that on what I believe our offense will do to their D. As I said, I'll wait to see how Narduzzi defends it. I don't think we're a good matchup for them.

I'm basing that on what I believe our offense will do to their D. As I said, I'll wait to see how Narduzzi defends it. I don't think we're a good matchup for them.

How about when they have the ball? Conner won't steamroll us?

Well said. I agree with you.

People won't even be thinking about this loss by next Saturday. Beat USF and everyone is excited and back on the bandwagon again.

How about when they have the ball? Conner won't steamroll us?
Who's gonna score faster?

Listen, you want to sit back and take it, chalk it up as a loss? Fine, I'll bet you a beer.

VT, Pitt, NC St and USF are mostly toss ups that I'm leaning slightly towards us on for the most part. I think we'll make Pitt look bad, but, I respect Narduzzi tremendously and will wait to see what he brings.

Clemson, ND & Fla. St.? Let's just see what happens and do our best to grow against them.

Offensively, we're only going to get better. I mean, we're going to be really, really good on O.

The big threat to me is that on defense we're likely as soft as we feared, and if some guys are injured we're just not going to be able to muster even a glimmer of resistance. Thankfully, Wake, BC and UCONN won't be able to score at our pace against a team of tackling dummies.

Very slim margin for error, but we have a shot because our offense can make teams uncomfortable.

Year 2 Year 2 Year 2

We lose AET and Brisly of consequence and literally not a single starter on D.

If teams can cover the wr's this offense is going to struggle and when that happens, Dungey has to run more often than and that I do not like. The run game needs a 6 foot 240 pound rb with 4.5 speed and obviously a hole to run through which has not even been close to happening so far. Yes, SU has had the two extremes, the worst team on their schedule and possibly the best as their first two games but what has been consistent is the lack of holes produced by the line for rb's and gaps galore in the secondary. I'm sure both of those areas will improve but the injuries at db may stunt that part of the equation quite a bit. Hopefully...somebody will step up and due to getting a lot of reps improve much faster than he would have not playing.

Last edited:
Who's gonna score faster?

Listen, you want to sit back and take it, chalk it up as a loss? Fine, I'll bet you a beer.
I wouldn't ever get against us and I think we can win but I doubt we can make Pitt look bad. Not even close.

Exactly.

The extra 4 weeks would be especially productive for this young group.

If teams can cover the wr's this offense is going to struggle and when that happens, Dungey has to run more often than and that I do not like. The run game needs a 6 foot 240 pound rb with 4.5 speed and obviously a hole to run through which has not even been close to happening so far. Yes, SU has had the two extremes, the worst team on their schedule and possibly the best as their first two games but what has been consistent is the lack of holes produced by the line for rb's and gaps galore in the secondary. I'm sure both of those areas will improve but the injuries at db may stunt that part of the equation quite a bit. Hopefully...somebody will step up and due to getting a lot of reps improve much faster than he would have not playing.

I am not so sure. Colgate sold out against the run and Louisville has a great D Line. Our line will improve and we have the horses if the blocking is there. If teams stack the box we will kill them with West Coast style passes.

We clearly can score points, which makes us dangerous for most teams.

It's going to be really exciting watching this offense grow.

I think so as well but the running game is going to have to improve if it is going to progress to another level. It's going to take some time to get this O-Line to mesh on the run blocks because there has been a solid wall in front of these backs and it ain't been easy.

10 to win 5 or more, although I can how some might say 7 to win 5.

I am not so sure. Colgate sold out against the run and Louisville has a great D Line. Our line will improve and we have the horses if the blocking is there. If teams stack the box we will kill them with West Coast style passes.

We clearly can score points, which makes us dangerous for most teams.

I agree that that is the case but I also see some missed blocks or lack of push as well. FSU, Clemson, BC and Pitt are solid up front along with USF and ND to a point so this is going to be a tough sled to push pretty much every game Crusty. Add to that these teams all have more speed to cover than Colgate so while I agree the line will improve it is going to be difficult getting this running game going until the o-line figures this thing out.

I think so as well but the running game is going to have to improve if it is going to progress to another level. It's going to take some time to get this O-Line to mesh on the run blocks because there has been a solid wall in front of these backs and it ain't been easy.
Inside Zone blocking has been sub par. We need to start winning some of those battles up front for this offense to hit stride.

iommi said:
I wouldn't ever get against us and I think we can win but I doubt we can make Pitt look bad. Not even close.

They didn't look good last year vs us. What's changed?

Inside Zone blocking has been sub par. We need to start winning some of those battles up front for this offense to hit stride.

Absolutely needed. Coach wants a 230/240 rb to do those runs up the middle and doesn't have that either right now as well. There are glimpses of holes but so far few and far between. But still...a small sample study and as Crusty said Louisville is extremely tough up front but the remaining schedule ain't no breeze so we need these kids to continue to learn and improve up front...I think they will and hopefully firing at a better rate as the season progresses. I'm looking for a 1 step back 2 forward progress and we've seen 2 steps back for the run blocking so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom