Remaining schedule | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Remaining schedule

How about when they have the ball? Conner won't steamroll us?
And, nobody is rooting harder for James Conner, but 17 for 53 against 'Nova last week.

Pitt is no Louisville but if we head into that game with 5 wins, our bowl hopes are in trouble. Don't think we beat them. Let's get to 6 before that and not worry.

USF - So Florida will have more talent. I call it a toss up.

UConn - must win /should win

ND - Loss

BC - too much offense / win

NCST - not as much talent but call it a toss up

VT - not as much talent but offense will give us a chance

WF - must win / should win

Clemson - Loss

Definitely going to have to win some games that we aren't going to be expected to win to get to a bowl game. Regardless, this year is super important just for laying the ground work of what is to come. Going to be huge to see improvements from week to week. I want to see this offense really get humming the last 5-6 weeks of the season. Make it that beast that kobpdy wants to play. I want the defense to show a pulse. I expect the defense will be very very bad, but at least put up a fight and God forbid take away the big play. I also want to see this team be competitive with everyone on the schedule. Don't get embarrassed and win a game we aren't supposed to win. Finally, make sure you handle the teams that we should handle or else this could be a really ugly season.

FSU - Loss

Pitt - is very good. I think this is a loss

Pitt is pushing PSU all over the field right now.
PSU is playing horrendous. Pitt had more rushing yards on their first drive today than they did in a 28-7 slug fest with Villanova last week.

260 total yards against the mighty Wildcats.

iommi said:
Are you watching? I'd say they're better than last year.

They did this to teams last year and then we played them very tight.

I dunno. Just think think we match up talent wise in more spots.

In more uplifting news. BC is losing to UMASS and NC State is losing to ECU. Troy is hanging with Clemson.

Inside Zone blocking has been sub par. We need to start winning some of those battles up front for this offense to hit stride.

Great point, Fin. The success of the inside run game is a significant part of what makes this O so difficult to defend. Without that component... Dungey will need to be exceptionally accurate (definitely was not the case last night) AND the WRs will need to consistently make contested catches. This will be a theme in the majority, if not all of the games left.

The inside zone read/run game aside, we have also been mostly unsuccessful on the power/Iso runs, even in the Colgate game. This will be very obvious to everyone that scouts us.

In more uplifting news. BC is losing to UMASS and NC State is losing to ECU. Troy is hanging with Clemson.
ECU usually has a team that can beat most of the NC ACC teams.

I'm thinking 4/5 wins... The offence will get better but not to the point in which we can out score teams... Year 2 however...

ECU usually has a team that can beat most of the NC ACC teams.
They are at times very good, but they were 5-7 last year in the AAC, not world beaters by any means. Frankly, given their talent level, they may be a decent gauge for us right now.

They are at times very good, but they were 5-7 last year in the AAC, not world beaters by any means. Frankly, given their talent level, they may be a decent gauge for us right now.
That was last year. In 2014 they went 8-5 and beat both UNC, Va Tech and USF.

Edit: Actually they beat the heck out of UNC...70-41

I don't think UConn, Wake, BC can score more than 24 points against us and none of them will be able to hold us to less than that.

I don't think VA Tech, NC State, or Pitt can score more than 31 against us. I think we will score more than that against NC State. I am not sure about the other two though.

I don't think we can hold ND, Clemson, or FSU under 42 points. We can't score 31 against Clemson or FSU. We could against ND but not enough to make up for our lack of D.

I think we will be lucky to hold USF to 31 points. I do think we will score on them more than any other team this year, Colgate included. The game next week might be a first to 42 wins type of game.

I think we beat UConn, Wake, BC, NC State. We have a decent chance against VA Tech, Pitt, USF but I think those teams have the advantage. ND, Clemson, FSU will be losses.

I'm definitely more confident offensively against the likes of the NC States, BCs, WFs, uconns, etc. after seeing last night. Those teams aren't going to have Louisville's athletes on defense, or be able to get so much pressure on Dungey.

The question is, can we win two out of that second grouping you list [VT, NC State, Pitt, USF]? Need to find 6.

I am confident because none of those teams don't have Lamar Jackson or a single athlete on offense of defense like him. Without him last night, with their previous QB, I think we beat them.

He is scary good and IMO could be a factor in the Heisman race for sure. Other than McCaffrey, who is better than that kid?

Fournette?
McCaffrey?
Dalvin Cook?
Who else??

U Conn is getting shut out by Navy, 60 yards of offense with 5 minutes left in the first half.

I am confident because none of those teams don't have Lamar Jackson or a single athlete on offense of defense like him. Without him last night, with their previous QB, I think we beat them.

He is scary good and IMO could be a factor in the Heisman race for sure. Other than McCaffrey, who is better than that kid?

Fournette?
McCaffrey?
Dalvin Cook?
Who else??

Watson, Jackson is really good, I think he is going to have the numbers, but the hype isn't there yet. I say he has a legit shot next year.

djorange1989 said:
U Conn is getting shut out by Navy, 60 yards of offense with 5 minutes left in the first half.

UConn will play the game of the year against SU.

Count on it.

UConn will play the game of the year against SU.

Count on it.

Yeah that would be typical. They are so inept on offense, if we give up more than 17 to them it will be sad

CuseLegacy said:
That was last year. In 2014 they went 8-5 and beat both UNC, Va Tech and USF. Edit: Actually they beat the heck out of UNC...70-41
Didn't their coach leave after 2014?

If we lose to both Pitt and NC St I'll spontaneously combust.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom