Class of 2014 - remaining spots | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 remaining spots

It's interesting that we are in the running for some real talented players and only a limited number of scholies left, yet we just offered a kicker from Armwood in Fl... Sterling Hofrichter?

It's interesting that we are in the running for some real talented players and only a limited number of scholies left, yet we just offered a kicker from Armwood in Fl... Sterling Hofrichter?

I think we offered him back in December.

When healthy, Flemming is incredably good. Size, speed, hands, route running, smarts, etc. Anyone not wanting this kid back for one more shot is seriously underestimating his value to the WR position next yr. I have him penciled in as a starter with West dropping to 2nd team.
So... I'm not convinced. This isn't an attack on Flemming, but I don't know how good he is. People have talked about how awesome a player he is for a long time. He's got 2 catches for 18 yards, and once drew a pass interference. That's the stat line. He's had a lot of injuries.

It's a good story for him to recover, come back, and be productive next season, but if we trade the chance to bring in a talented 4 year player for that one season... I would take a chance on the 4 year player, especially given the way that it looks like our recruiting is winding down. I'm comfortable being guilty underestimating his value to the WR position.

So... I'm not convinced. This isn't an attack on Flemming, but I don't know how good he is. People have talked about how awesome a player he is for a long time. He's got 2 catches for 18 yards, and once drew a pass interference. That's the stat line. He's had a lot of injuries.

It's a good story for him to recover, come back, and be productive next season, but if we trade the chance to bring in a talented 4 year player for that one season... I would take a chance on the 4 year player, especially given the way that it looks like our recruiting is winding down. I'm comfortable being guilty underestimating his value to the WR position.
You can debate Flemming all day. Nothing to show because he's been snakebit and injured 4 yrs in a row. If healthy, and that's the key assumption, the staff will have Flemming back 10 out of 10 times. If not, they would have advised he move on with his life months ago. They know what he's capable of because they've seen him in the system first hand. A terrific prospect out of HS is unproven and there is no guarantee he will own up to press clippings, either.