Remember that NC State... | Syracusefan.com

Remember that NC State...

NC State is terrible though, Duke could easily come back and win

They're not terrible- this game is in Cameron too. They have a very talented starting 5 , and they're 7-3 in the league- 1 game out of first. The problem is they get into foul trouble- especially their bigs Howell and Leslie- and they have very little depth. This team will definitely make the tournament I think. Gottfried can recruit and I expect them to be a consistent top 5 ACC program once we get there in 2013.

I'm pretty much expecting Puke to come back and win.

Ok maybe not terrible... But they are not very good and have have beaten virtually no one. All wins come against terrible ACC teams and extremely soft early schedule. Only wins that are even decent are Maryland, Miami, and Texas... 91, 42, 39 in rpi respectively...

If Duke can make shots, specifically three point shots then they have a chance. They are not defending on the perimeter and giving up 46 points to NC State in a half is an embarrassment.

they're definitely inconsistent though- they lost to GT at home, which is just terrible.

Duke also sort of stinks. They run their stuff and can go off from 3... But not sure any of the top teams would mind having to play them in the elite 8

they are blowing out Duke by 17 pts with 6 minutes left in first half...
It was 20-now the refs are taking over-NCSt-3 staters 4 fouls, 2 with 3-9 minutes left. At least 6 on NCSt. in 2 min. What a joke.

Getting duke as your 2 seed will be a GIFT to some lucky number 1 seed

If Duke can make shots, specifically three point shots then they have a chance. They are not defending on the perimeter and giving up 46 points to NC State in a half is an embarrassment.

They are really awful defensively.

Duke just took the lead 2:15 to go.

Wow. What a choke.

Epic choke job. Why they let them shoot three pointers in the second half is mind boggling. Curry has had so many open looks its ridiculous. Duke will not succeed against better perimeter defensive teams.

They're not terrible- this game is in Cameron too. They have a very talented starting 5 , and they're 7-3 in the league- 1 game out of first. The problem is they get into foul trouble- especially their bigs Howell and Leslie- and they have very little depth. This team will definitely make the tournament I think. Gottfried can recruit and I expect them to be a consistent top 5 ACC program once we get there in 2013.
Gottfried landed three McDonald's AA's Tyler Lewis, Rodney Purvis and TJ Warren.

It's too bad both of our ACC victims blew big leads on the road.

Dude just steps out of bounds with no pressure on him? Then CJ Leslie just spazzes and fouls out.

Epic choke job. Why they let them shoot three pointers in the second half is mind boggling. Curry has had so many open looks its ridiculous. Duke will not succeed against better perimeter defensive teams.
Exactly...And Duke doesn't play good perimeter d. First Duke team in a long time you can say that about. Rivers flashes brilliance but I'm not a fan of his demeanor or the fact that he can be a bit of a ball hog. He is talented.

Was that Julius Hodge sitting behind the NC State bench in the ball cap? Looked just like him.

Epic fail by NC State. Stepping on the side line with no one near you, game on the line, a minute left? Really? Horrible. Inexcusable. I don't care if you are at Cameron. You just can't fold like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom