Remember that NC State... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Remember that NC State...

Hate to be Debbie Downer, but if Syracuse didn't pull out the win against Louisville, there would've been a lot of bitching about Kris fumbling the ball out of bounds with no one around him (when I think we were down 5). Just saying...

But yeah, NC State gagged.

Lorenzo Brown has been horrible the last few minutes.

Exactly...And Duke doesn't play good perimeter d. First Duke team in a long time you can say that about. Rivers flashes brilliance but I'm not a fan of his demeanor or the fact that he can be a bit of a ball hog. He is talented.

I'm not buying into the Rivers lovefest. Good player? Yes. Great player who can carry this team? No.

I'm not buying into the Rivers lovefest. Good player? Yes. Great player who can carry this team? No.
I'm not buying into it either...just saying he's talented. He plays like an overprivileged kid who always needs the spotlight on him.

I GUARANTEE there will be a game in the tournament where rivers tries to do everything by himself and it costs duke their season. He'll put up a 4 for 18 stink bomb in the sweet 16 and theyll get bounced.

Wow, I hate Duke. I thought I hated Notre Dame football... I think Wojo and his annoying slapping of the floor on defense was the first time I passionately hated Duke. Thank you, Wojo, you little .

I don't love or hate Duke, but they must lead the NCAAs in end-of-the-game clock malfunctions/issues over the past decade. How does their clock operator still have a job? Is it K's brother-in-law?

I am shocked that NIT State blew it. Gottfried should be shown the door with that piss poor coaching in the second half. Duke had one chance and that was to make 3 pointers and he rolled the red carpet out for them.

I am shocked that NIT State blew it. Gottfried should be shown the door with that piss poor coaching in the second half. Duke had one chance and that was to make 3 pointers and he rolled the red carpet out for them.
not sure if he told them to or not, but his guards were continually going underneath screens. it was really pathetic defense.

I'm not shocked...Duke has a tendency to pull games out of their posterior. I guess Gottfried forgot how to coach between 2004 and now...jagoff.

Wojo is incredibly annoying. Even tonite at the end when everyone thought the game was over and people were running on the court, wojo jumps out of his seat and tries to get everyone off the court screaming and waving his arms. Annoying fu**

not sure if he told them to or not, but his guards were continually going underneath screens. it was really pathetic defense.

Yeah, stupid. He must have forgotten to watch the tape on the Duke/UNC game.

Wojo is incredibly annoying. Even tonite at the end when everyone thought the game was over and people were running on the court, wojo jumps out of his seat and tries to get everyone off the court screaming and waving his arms. Annoying fu**

Yup. Saw that. Threw up in my mouth a little

NC State lost the minute Howell/Leslie picked up their 4th. After that, Curry and Rivers were able to drive to the basket with no help defense. Once the State defenders started sagging off to play for the drive, they got open looks from the perimeter and made them. It was the foul situation that changed the way NCSU was playing and turned the game around.

No kidding. I just loved it when God Shammgod made Wojo and the other Duke guards look stupid in that NCAA Tourney game.

If Duke can make shots, specifically three point shots then they have a chance. They are not defending on the perimeter and giving up 46 points to NC State in a half is an embarrassment.

Giving up 35 to ND is also a disgrace. Although we didn't have a center we liked at the time.

We need to have a talk, son

Haha -- I've been blasted on this board for it quite a few times. Some of their old teams, I really couldn't stand, but the last couple years I have felt surprisingly indifferent.

I'm pretty sure I only have the energy to hate one out of conference team a year and Kentucky has stepped up in such a big way!

He could have used stall ball. Should have started that when he was still up ten and limited Duke's possessions. I don't understand why teams continue to run at Duke when they are scorching hot.

Say what you want about Julius Hodge, but that team desperately could have used him last night. He was mentally tough and would never have looked visibly defeated when the game was still very much in doubt.

Just read the recap of our game vs. NC State, some pretty cool quotes:

“Those are probably the best guards we’re going to play against,” Williams said. “Those guys, they’re so good off the bounce and then if they’ve got the shot going, they’re really tough to guard.”

“Once you lose a game, you sit up here and say, `They’ve got a great team, yada, yada, yada,”’ Gottfried said. “I’ve been around a lot of good teams, guy, and that team right there might be playing on Monday night in April. We did a lot of good things tonight. We just didn’t do enough of them.”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom