Rene's "fumble" and the ensuing "review" | Syracusefan.com

Rene's "fumble" and the ensuing "review"

orangenirvana

Hall of Fame
What a crock of shite that was, huh?

I wonder how livid Marrone was after reviewing the film and watching that play.

I get it, SU is leaving and the Big East has to f them any chance they can. But these are kids that had nothing to do with SU's departure.

Anyone think he makes a stink about it at his next press conference? What would he have to lose?

Kinda surprised everyone hasn't been making a bigger deal of this. I was at the game and when it went under review I knew it wouldn't be overturned. Knew we were in for a screwing.

Marrone submits a "review of officials" to the NCAA after every game. All coaches do.

On occasion, the NCAA will agree with him that a call was blown, but what are you gonna do after the fact.

Even if, by some miracle, he was 100% not touching the ground...he was completely down and immobilized on top of another player who had tackled him. How is that still a live ball situation?

I just watched the game after being in East Lansing for the weekend (watching that B1G game in a frigid monsoon made me pine for the Dome).

Anyway, I thought we didn't get a break on any of the questionable calls. Ryan's rag doll fumble - seemed like his arm was down. The Rene fumble? Didn't know you could fumble while lying on your back. And the review of the SUNJ catch with about four minutes to go? The kid caught it in the air and landed out of bounds.

But what strikes me the most after half a season is that this team just doesn't know how to win/finish. Whatever it is, we can never seem to make a play. Even last week, we eeked out the win instead of imposing our will for 60 minutes. I can only hope it changes. Half a season done and it's real gut check time.

I just watched the game after being in East Lansing for the weekend (watching that B1G game in a frigid monsoon made me pine for the Dome).

Anyway, I thought we didn't get a break on any of the questionable calls. Ryan's rag doll fumble - seemed like his arm was down. The Rene fumble? Didn't know you could fumble while lying on your back. And the review of the SUNJ catch with about four minutes to go? The kid caught it in the air and landed out of bounds.

But what strikes me the most after half a season is that this team just doesn't know how to win/finish. Whatever it is, we can never seem to make a play. Even last week, we eeked out the win instead of imposing our will for 60 minutes. I can only hope it changes. Half a season done and it's real gut check time.

Nassibs fumble, without question, was the right call. The backside angle was clear as day. Rene was clearly down

i thought the receivers toe was touching as it did kick up some field turf dust at the time...inconclusive..

rene's was clearly not a clean fumble or even close,but that was my point in the thread I started when I said"the fix was all ready done in the bar room"

We beat Pitt.

It's even carrying over to the Yankee series with Detroit. The umps are sticking it to the Yankees for having the SU sign out in left field.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom