Replacements for Desko | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Replacements for Desko

Pressler is never leaving Bryant. He always says he owes them for giving him a chance after the Duke rape case disaster.

Shays not coming here as Yale can pay him more then SU can or will and there loaded up it would be a downward move at this point. Tambroni has done jack at PSU and is already making pretty good money so hard pass. Chemotti is interesting, good coach but I would worry about the offense a bit. Still I would definitely take a long look at him, I think he could do a heck of a job here with the right OC. Lars isnt happening.

Chemotti Galloway and a young successful OC from one the big schools are probably the most likely candidates. The guy at Rutty has done a nice job to.

Syracuse can match Yale with money on the sport. We’re not going to be outspent by Yale nor should we be. We’re the big dog in this sport quite simply the Alabama of lacrosse and we should act like it.

If Babers leaves he’ll likely be stepping into a bad program to but he’ll still do it. Challenge, money, facilities, etc etc. Football coaches do it, why wouldn’t lacrosse coaches. New Haven isnt exactly a paradise either, it has some of the highest violent crime rates in the entire country. It’s a shthole. And that’s putting it nicely.

We’re in a down cycle but we’ll have our pick of coaches. Think big none of this small time stuff. This shouldnt be football where everyone thinks small and defeatist. If Galloway is the best then hire him. But we shouldnt just focus ex syracuse players either.

Last edited:
I drew flack from family members after the tournament loss for suggesting that they get some new/young blood on the coaching staff. I got a chuckle after the game hearing those same people calling a staff shake up.

You guys would have better knowledge of coaches, heck of lacrosse in general, than I ever will. What about looking around the club ranks for a coach? Or do you guys feel it would have to be a known commodity from the D1 ranks?

Didn’t Galloway just sign an extension? I wonder what’s in his contract if SU did come knocking.

when the day comes that a new coach is hired it will be a Cuse alum Hell if Regy Thorpe wasn’t headed to the NLL he would be my top pick for a defensive coordinator he has amazing ties to Canada and with the Native American community. Galloway is going to be a great coach he has relentless drive with extereme attention to detail. Ryan Powell needs to be brought on the staff immediately he is fantastic at player development and has a will to win on every level. His role in 2004 was vital and might be exactly what this team needs right now

when the day comes that a new coach is hired it will be a Cuse alum Hell if Regy Thorpe wasn’t headed to the NLL he would be my top pick for a defensive coordinator he has amazing ties to Canada and with the Native American community. Galloway is going to be a great coach he has relentless drive with extereme attention to detail. Ryan Powell needs to be brought on the staff immediately he is fantastic at player development and has a will to win on every level. His role in 2004 was vital and might be exactly what this team needs right now

Gary Gait is very overpaid for a Women’s Lacrosse HC. No disrespect to the women’s sport but I’ve always felt like his salary was almost “coach in waiting”. I could be way off but you’d have to imagine he’ll be in the conversation

What I find hilarious is judging from attendance a lot of people who comment don’t even attend the games this city likes to b!tch and moan more then they like to win

Gary Gait is very overpaid for a Women’s Lacrosse HC. No disrespect to the women’s sport but I’ve always felt like his salary was almost “coach in waiting”. I could be way off but you’d have to imagine he’ll be in the conversation
He has almost literally never coached men's lacrosse.

Pass.

If we change coaches, I want someone who has had D1 head coaching experience.

He has almost literally never coached men's lacrosse.

Pass.

If we change coaches, I want someone who has had D1 head coaching experience.

That wasn’t me spearheading for GG... just don’t see anyway he doesn’t get an interview

Absolutely not, i’m sorry. I think Regy is a great guy, and he might have been a great defensive player but have you seen the women’s defense? Their defense it extremely sloppy and has always been their criptonite and I blame Regy for that. They could’ve already had 4-5 national championships had it not have been their defense that tripped them up in the big games. So i’m gonna pass on Regy.

Syracuse needs to spend the money to get a coach who already has won a Championship or several Championships. Put the program back at the very top of college lax. The sport is growing fast and the dome attendance justify that approach.

Absolutely not, i’m sorry. I think Regy is a great guy, and he might have been a great defensive player but have you seen the women’s defense? Their defense it extremely sloppy and has always been their criptonite and I blame Regy for that. They could’ve already had 4-5 national championships had it not have been their defense that tripped them up in the big games. So i’m gonna pass on Regy.
His defensive style doesn’t translate to the women’s game anywhere near as well there is no contact you can’t even make the comparison

Syracuse needs to spend the money to get a coach who already has won a Championship or several Championships. Put the program back at the very top of college lax. The sport is growing fast and the dome attendance justify that approach.
Lol they already have that only one coach on the planet has more if your suggesting bringing Tierney to Syracuse I’ll vomit Shay has one title and a losing record against Desko

Lol they already have that only one coach on the planet has more if your suggesting bringing Tierney to Syracuse I’ll vomit Shay has one title and a losing record against Desko
Shay hasn't had the players that Desko has had until the last couple of years. But those are definitely the level of coaches that need to be considered.

And the list of coaches who have won several championships is...

Tierney
Danowski
Petro
Starsia.

Oh, and that Desko guy.

Good luck with that.

Tierney
Danowski
Petro
Starsia.

Oh, and that Desko guy.

Good luck with that.
Can't miss on this hire or what is a downturn will become a dumpster fire.

Shay hasn't had the players that Desko has had until the last couple of years. But those are definitely the level of coaches that need to be considered.
Yeah and Desko beat those players straight up it was only 2 years ago they haven’t played an actual “game “ since

Yeah and Desko beat those players straight up it was only 2 years ago they haven’t played an actual “game “ since
SU has been consider a better program than Yale for like... ever.

Tierney
Danowski
Petro
Starsia.

Oh, and that Desko guy.

Good luck with that.

I assume you mean active coaches?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY