Replacements for Desko | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Replacements for Desko

SU has been consider a better program than Yale for like... ever.
Because they are a better program up until last year we shall see how Yale fares this year I don’t think they win the Ivy but then again I don’t care either

Would also like to see us try and steal a toomey or Nadeline. Highly unlikely either leave though

Lol they already have that only one coach on the planet has more if your suggesting bringing Tierney to Syracuse I’ll vomit Shay has one title and a losing record against Desko

Shay’s a better coach.

Lax X and Os are basically the same but it’s how you manage a team and what you are able to get out of the players. In what is considered Deskos prime he was fortunate enough to have a bunch of Tom Brady’s and Michael Jordan’s on the roster.

Yeah and Desko beat those players straight up it was only 2 years ago they haven’t played an actual “game “ since

Syracuse was lucky to escape Yale in the playoff game, they outplayed us that night on our own field.

They’ve continued on their upward trend and we haven’t.

They were a good team not sure they outplayed Syracuse it was definitely a great and close game scoreboard says SU won so I will leave it at that

If shay is so much better of a coach why didn’t he go back to Reeves at the end of that first round match up instead he used him as a decoy after he had torched Firman all night. Or how about we role it back to the quarterfinal matchup a couple years earlier he had Syracuse dead to rights but who won?? Don’t let facts get in the way of your analysis

I suggest any one of our posters be new coach since we have all the answers. ... dissapointing game but season one game in...would have been better to play Gate later in season when tape on their new schemes available, porter played well, phaup a pleasant surprise, several established players had poor games but should bounce, curry, mellen n kennedy can play for anyone, acc us up for grabs duke lost, uva losing.,

I suggest any one of our posters be new coach since we have all the answers. ... dissapointing game but season one game in...would have been better to play Gate later in season when tape on their new schemes available, porter played well, phaup a pleasant surprise, several established players had poor games but should bounce, curry, mellen n kennedy can play for anyone, acc us up for grabs duke lost, uva losing.,

No one is calling for Deskos head after one game.

#7 Hopkins down 15-5 to unranked Towson after 3Q. Pietramala seat’s probably hotter than Desko’s right now lol

You might want to surf through these posts before saying that I think someone on here listed his house forsale on Zillow

And you might want to surf this board. This has been an increasing sentiment for years now.

Syracuse can match Yale with money on the sport. We’re not going to be outspent by Yale nor should we be. We’re the big dog in this sport quite simply the Alabama of lacrosse and we should act like it.

If Babers leaves he’ll likely be stepping into a bad program to but he’ll still do it. Challenge, money, facilities, etc etc. Football coaches do it, why wouldn’t lacrosse coaches. New Haven isnt exactly a paradise either, it has some of the highest violent crime rates in the entire country. It’s a shthole. And that’s putting it nicely.

We’re in a down cycle but we’ll have our pick of coaches. Think big none of this small time stuff. This shouldnt be football where everyone thinks small and defeatist. If Galloway is the best then hire him. But we shouldnt just focus ex syracuse players either.

I live near New Haven, and while I’m not going to deny that it has its issues with crime, it certainly is no worse than Syracuse. It’s also not a sheethole. The Yale campus borders the downtown area and that gives it a classy, collegiate feel that downtown Syracuse lacks.

But if Shay were to ever leave Yale for Syracuse, your reasoning wouldn’t play a factor at all.

I live near New Haven, and while I’m not going to deny that it has its issues with crime, it certainly is no worse than Syracuse. It’s also not a sheethole. The Yale campus borders the downtown area and that gives it a classy, collegiate feel that downtown Syracuse lacks.

But if Shay were to ever leave Yale for Syracuse, your reasoning wouldn’t play a factor at all.

New haven has one of the highest violent crime rates in the entire country per capita. Way higher than syracuse. My friends who’ve lived there say it’s a dump. I’ll take their word for it but obviously it’s not all a dump.

I also never said he’d leave because of it, I said the place is no paradise.

Looking at The Sabre board, they might ship Lars to us with prepaid postage after one loss.

All fan bases are the same , we just have more

I would have to think that there comes a point where he feels that he’s paid back Bryant.
Pressler? His team had 27 turnovers today. Just imagine the howls if Cuse had that many. Surprised the formerly hot names here of Alberici and Cassesse haven't recycled yet, guess your team scoring three goals isn't the time to tout.

we slipped off the high perch under desko . he owns that. climbing back up is much tougher when you can't sell final 4 every year here.the talent goes elsewhere. see how this season plays out. may be time for change.

you guys are hilarious, posting like it's a done deal and who you should be offering to.
desko's the acc coach of the year like 5 years running.
unless any of you (or anyone else) is dumping heavy six figures into the program, then you're just posting on a message board. nothing more.
maybe help him out with your schemes and substitution patterns.

you guys are hilarious, posting like it's a done deal and who you should be offering to.
desko's the acc coach of the year like 5 years running.
unless any of you (or anyone else) is dumping heavy six figures into the program, then you're just posting on a message board. nothing more.
maybe help him out with your schemes and substitution patterns.
Well, yeah. That's what we're doing here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom