Replacements for Desko | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Replacements for Desko

Im sure Syracuse would be happy to receive a large sum from you or others here. Make it big enough and they will listen closer and maybe even put a name on a building

If I was that wealthy I would gladly donate to have Desktop removed.

Im sure Syracuse would be happy to receive a large sum from you or others here. Make it big enough and they will listen closer and maybe even put a name on a building

Ooooo good one.

If I was that wealthy I would gladly donate to have Desktop removed.
Like the nickname. Had to read it twice to make sure my eyes weren’t playing tricks on me.

The reality
Really? If Desko goes deep he gets fired. How deep is your love?

A deep run does not address the bigger issue of a needed transition plan.
It's not about "getting fired" for a job well done, its about putting the pieces in place to ensure that going forward, we are getting the best talent, creating a culture people want to be part of and avoiding ongoing deterioration to the point that a total rebuild is necessary over many years...

The reality

A deep run does not address the bigger issue of a needed transition plan.
It's not about "getting fired" for a job well done, its about putting the pieces in place to ensure that going forward, we are getting the best talent, creating a culture people want to be part of and avoiding ongoing deterioration to the point that a total rebuild is necessary over many years...

For all we know, there is a plan in place. Maybe it is Galloway. Someone told a story on here or laxpower about meeting Galloway and Galloway’s buddies saying that Galloway was going to be the next coach, it was in the works. Maybe part of the deal was that Galloway needed head coaching experience under his belt.

We play UA in a few days yet no discussion of that other than from a dane fan---meanwhile we stumble and mumble in this toxic waste of a thread like marshall st derelicts after just one game.

For all we know, there is a plan in place. Maybe it is Galloway. Someone told a story on here or laxpower about meeting Galloway and Galloway’s buddies saying that Galloway was going to be the next coach, it was in the works. Maybe part of the deal was that Galloway needed head coaching experience under his belt.

That was me. I met him and Joel White, Guad and Jordan Wolff (ironically) in LP ..that’s what was discussed but also unclear if /when that math Happen

Syracuse SHOULD dominate Albany in Lax. Last year was another real low when UA took the Orange to the wood shed.

Syracuse SHOULD dominate Albany in Lax. Last year was another real low when UA took the Orange to the wood shed.
just a completely ignorant post go watch football and basketball this thread should be locked and or deleted there will be a day Desko retires but it is not happening in 2019

just a completely ignorant post go watch football and basketball this thread should be locked and or deleted there will be a day Desko retires but it is not happening in 2019
I believe Albany went to the final four last year!

I think you're still stuck in the 90's. The landscape has completely changed.

I think Desko made a statement today that said, in effect, rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated.
as long as we're overreacting to every game (including the first of the year), anyone have any idea if desko is up for an extension after saturday?

The truth hurts.

I think you're still stuck in the 90's. The landscape has completely changed.
There may be more parity these days. And we looked better against Albany. But for a LAX powerhouse like SU a win like that should not be cause for extended celebration. We shouldn't accept losing to programs like Colgate (this year) and Rutgers (last year). I wish the program all the best, but we have had issues for a while now.

Last edited:
That doesn't explain why a LAX power like SU loses to programs like Colgate and Rutgers and celebrates after beating UA. There may be more parity now, but we have issues that have been ignored for too long.

Oh we celebrated beating a team by 8 that made the final four last year. What a delusional bunch we are. If you're going to make vague "it ain't what it used to be" comments try some better examples.

Oh we celebrated beating a team by 8 that made the final four last year. What a delusional bunch we are. If you're going to make vague "it ain't what it used to be" comments try some better examples.
Well we haven't been to a FF in 6 years, and we just got beat by Colgate. We lost to Rutgers last year, and they're ranked ahead of us along with Georgetown. Our record is 38 NCAA's. Colgate has 3. Rutgers hasn't seen an NCAA bid in 15 years. Like I said .. I wish the program all the best. But we are struggling like we haven't in decades. Our recruiting and record are out of sync with our facilities and history. Something's not right, and the title of this thread should tell you I'm not the only SU LAX fan who feels that way.

Last edited:
Well we just lost to Colgate. COLGATE. And we lost to Rutgers last year (they're currently ranked ahead of us, along with Georgetown). We've been the NCAA's 38 times. Colgate has been there 3 times. Rutgers hasn't been in the tournament in 15 years. Like I said .. I wish the program all the best. But our recruiting and record are no longer in sync with our facilities and history. Something's not right, and the title of this thread should tell you I'm not the only SU LAX fan who feels that way.

Similar comments were made in 06-07. Similar comments were made in 2012. We bounced back. A certain subsection of fans freak out during rebuilding years. We just beat a good albany team and losing to a dangerous Colgate team with a new coach isn't the end of the world. This thread started in the angry stages after the Colgate loss. Colgate actually beat us in 09 the year we made our championship run. Rutgers has been an excellent team on the brink of getting in the playoffs for the past 3 years now. Tired of people throwing around negative comments especially after the clear signs of life this weekend.

If there is one thing I agree is a concern it is our inability to get it done in the tourney in recent years. But people seem to forget that a lot of those seasons were by any measure successful. We were just the 2 seed in 2017 we were either 2 or 1 in 2015. Every single year from 2013 on we get into the tournament with a home game to start which means that not once have we ever fell out of the top 8 teams in the nation with our regular season performance. People's claims on the big picture downturn of the program are lamenting that we gone from a traditional top 4 team to a traditional top 8 team. And those narratives also act like we have never had off years! Which is why I bring up 2012 and 06-07. (Edit: Also small nitpicky thing but Bryant was 2014)

We did lose to Colgate a while back but at that point it was an aberration, like losing every 5-6 years to Hobart (good LAX school). You mentioned 2012 (Bryant), but I didn't hear any calls for a coaching change then. Nonetheless, there is definitely a problem with our program and it's been brewing for a while now ... starting with recruiting and extending into our record, our increasingly frequent W T F losses and our failure to make a FF since 2013. We need to get this fixed. However, I will leave the task of figuring out what's wrong and finding solutions, to those on this board (like Jeremy and others) who know FAR more than I do.
3 first round NCAA losses at HOME since 2012 is really hard to make any kind of excuses for.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom