Report: NC State to fire Mark Gottfried at end of season | Syracusefan.com

Report: NC State to fire Mark Gottfried at end of season

Archie Miller
do they have him lined up? what jobs has he already passed up?
That's who they want because he's an alum. That's a big pull, but if Indiana does fire Crean, they may talk to him, at least to gauge his interest. You never know what's going on behind the scenes. We apparently were talking with Mendenhall's reps the summer before the 2015 season started and then pulled the plug on London at that season's end. The announcement of Mendenhall was a total surprise to everyone connected with UVa and BYU. Nowadays, ADs have to be talking with coaches' reps all the time because, even if you like how your coach is doing right now, you have to be prepared to replace him/her in case they leave for a greener pasture. PackPride has a running thread on Dayton's 2016-17 season.

Seriously. Give Boeheim a Dennis Smith, shooter like Rowan, a brute like Abu (rich man's Robey), Kapita, etc., and the Dome would be UNLV east again.

As long as they had at least 1 guy who roared when he rebounded like that elite UNLV squad. That would make me a happy board member. That, and hopefully you meant "run n gun" when you said that?

Seriously. Give Boeheim a Dennis Smith, shooter like Rowan, a brute like Abu (rich man's Robey), Kapita, etc., and the Dome would be UNLV east again.
Haha I'd take Smith in a second but he was one and done coming in. Rowan got hot against SU and I think you are severely overrating Abu/Kapita. That team is a mess and Syracuse's current roster is much better constructed than that dumpster fire in Raleigh. But I agree that Gott is a miserable x's and o's coach.

Last thing we need is for NC State to get good with a new coach. We've become a consistent middle of the conference program.

They don't even have any good recruits we can steal! Bummer.

Does this mean Gottfried will be back on ESPN next year?

:vomit:

Last thing we need is for NC State to get good with a new coach. We've become a consistent middle of the conference program.
Unfortunately, the thing I thought of first too. It stinks being mid tier in hoops in ACC. Especially with a bottom level football team at the moment. Always thought our ability to establish us at the top of the hierarchy in the conference would need to be set early while JB was still around. The 25-0 run nearly did that, but it didn't last long enough.

Last edited:
We could get a transfer.
I don't know who. Smith is off to the NBA. The staff has zero connection with Rowan. Yurtse7en would be the only one possible, but next year's squad is pretty full in the front court (unless Chukwu is done-done) and Omer has been a much bigger project then anticipated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom