Report: Syracuse basketball gets home-and-home with Duke in ACC's 2018-19 schedule | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Report: Syracuse basketball gets home-and-home with Duke in ACC's 2018-19 schedule

{snip}

That being said, that was back in the days when the BE still existed. Today, VT has progressed to become mediocre. Congratulations to them on that, though I must point out that their arena is still a dump and Blacksburg unfortunately remains in Blacksburg.
How can you say such mean things about The Barn? ;) You do know if their opponents build up too big a lead the VPI administration can drop those ceiling fans onto the court, right?

So now I can plan my road schedule. Living in Western NC, and depending on ticket prices and availability, I'll be able to visit...

Clemson
Duke
UNC
NC State
Wake
VT

I'll miss being able to visit GT and especially the Yum Center in Louisville... those are pretty nice venues.

Unlikely. They tend to follow trends even if that includes a year where you play them H/H.
We will be at Duke next year.

Which essentially would mean we'd have played at Cameron 3 times to their once at the Carrier Dome (over the three year span).

Which essentially would mean we've played at Cameron 3 times to their once at the Carrier Dome (over the three year span).
Yeah but we would be getting Virginia at home 3 times to visiting them 1 time over that same stretch.

Which essentially would mean we'd have played at Cameron 3 times to their once at the Carrier Dome (over the three year span).

2014 Home & Home
2015 Home & Home
2016 at Duke
2017 at Syracuse
2018 at Duke
2019 Home & Home

I'd think 2020 could be another H & H (since we'll be at 20 conference games then).

2014 Home & Home
2015 Home & Home
2016 at Duke
2017 at Syracuse
2018 at Duke
2019 Home & Home

I'd think 2020 could be another H & H (since we'll be at 20 conference games then).

Ahhhh yes, Ok this makes sense now.

My understanding of how the H&H system was originally set up was that over the 6 years it would take to go through all the teams, you would play the rotating teams 7 times. You played everyone at least 3 times at home and 3 on the road. For the 7th game, you would play half of the conference on the road and the other half at home. As an example, for UVa it has worked out that we got the extra home game vs. UNC-CHeat and uke got the extra home game against us.

Now, that's all changed. We played ND H&H in the first year of the expansion and will play them H&H again next year, while we still haven't played BC H&H.

My understanding of how the H&H system was originally set up was that over the 6 years it would take to go through all the teams, you would play the rotating teams 7 times. You played everyone at least 3 times at home and 3 on the road. For the 7th game, you would play half of the conference on the road and the other half at home. As an example, for UVa it has worked out that we got the extra home game vs. UNC-CHeat and uke got the extra home game against us.

Now, that's all changed. We played ND H&H in the first year of the expansion and will play them H&H again next year, while we still haven't played BC H&H.
And with next year’s schedule we will have played Duke H&H 3 times in 6 years.