Restaurant suggestions for Secaucus | Syracusefan.com

Restaurant suggestions for Secaucus

OburgOrange

Living Legend
On the Friday night before the game? I don't feel like going into he city and wasn't able to really explore the local area last year. We will be at be La Quinta, anything close would be nice. I have Mrs OburgOrange and our diehard Orange offspring with me. All of legal age. Thanks in advance

If you're serious about not going into the city, check out Hoboken. It's not so bad.

There are a couple places within a mile of LaQuinta...we'll figure it out next week. I expect to check in around 6pm then head to dinner then hope to watch some College FB on a big screen by the motel.

On the Friday night before the game? I don't feel like going into he city and wasn't able to really explore the local area last year. We will be at be La Quinta, anything close would be nice. I have Mrs OburgOrange and our diehard Orange offspring with me. All of legal age. Thanks in advance
I've been to many of the restaurants near the LaQuinta over the past 2 years. Almost all of the ones within walking distance of the LQ are midscale chains. Those include outback, chilis, olive garden, red lobster, carraba Italian grill and cheeseburger in paradise. My favorites are trattoria da Pino (across route 3) and Bonefish Grill. Bonefish Grill is 50 yards from the LQ and has a fairly good bar scene for a "chain". Cheeseburger in paradise has many TV's for football viewing.

I've been to many of the restaurants near the LaQuinta over the past 2 years. Almost all of the ones within walking distance of the LQ are midscale chains. Those include outback, chilis, olive garden, red lobster, carraba Italian grill and cheeseburger in paradise. My favorites are trattoria da Pino (across route 3) and Bonefish Grill. Bonefish Grill is 50 yards from the LQ and has a fairly good bar scene for a "chain". Cheeseburger in paradise has many TV's for football viewing.

Let's try Bonefish/Cheeseburger in Paradise. I figure I'll end up at CIP watching FB/Yankees. I assume the Yanks will be on.

Let's try Bonefish/Cheeseburger in Paradise. I figure I'll end up at CIP watching FB/Yankees. I assume the Yanks will be on.
I actually pregamed at CIP last year as it was very close to the Embassy where we were staying. Plenty of tvs.

I work in that complex. There's Bonefish on one side, and an Olive Garden. Cheeseburger, Houlihan's, an Outback, Carrabba's and a Red Lobster on the other side. Pretty much all chains at Harmon Meadow. If you want to watch games on Friday night, Cheesburger or Houlihan's is your best choice. Stay away from the Holiday Inn restaurant unless it's drinks or breakfast.

Edit: looks like I should have read subarney's post above.

Had a good experience at Houlihans last year after the USC game. Lots of TVs and a decent selection of beers.

Hi, Rutgers fan here, but come to this site occasionally to see what you guys are up to. I live a few miles west of Secaucus, not far from MetLife stadium, and will even probably be going to your game (maybe along w rugtersal, lol). We may even try to find TexanMark's tailgate.

Anyway, as a guy who entertains clients a lot, and loves to eat and drink, I will impart some recommendations. If you have a car, and I assume you do, a fun time w awesome food is to make the 10 minute drive from Secaucus to the Portuguese neighborhood of Downneck , Newark. This neighborhood is fine (and not far from Dino's bbq, lol). In Downneck Newark I recommend Adega Grill, Fornos, Fernandes Steakhouse and Casa Vasca. The neighborhood is filled with great aromas, music, and beautiful latin women.

Very close to your hotel is CK Steakhouse in Rutherford. Although only 5 minutes East , right on the Hudson River w an amazing skyline view is RuthChris Steakhouse.

And if you don' t want to drive too far, right in Seacaucus is Lorenzo's Italian restuarant. Inexpensive and very good Italian food.

All of these restuarants mentioned above are easily found on the internet , and on Yelp .

PS- have as many beers at your tailgate as you can, because inside they gauge you for beers.

I'll try to remember to check back here if you have any questions.

Have fun.

Hi, Rutgers fan here, but come to this site occasionally to see what you guys are up to. I live a few miles west of Secaucus, not far from MetLife stadium, and will even probably be going to your game (maybe along w rugtersal, lol). We may even try to find TexanMark's tailgate.

Anyway, as a guy who entertains clients a lot, and loves to eat and drink, I will impart some recommendations. If you have a car, and I assume you do, a fun time w awesome food is to make the 10 minute drive from Secaucus to the Portuguese neighborhood of Downneck , Newark. This neighborhood is fine (and not far from Dino's bbq, lol). In Downneck Newark I recommend Adega Grill, Fornos, Fernandes Steakhouse and Casa Vasca. The neighborhood is filled with great aromas, music, and beautiful latin women.

Very close to your hotel is CK Steakhouse in Rutherford. Although only 5 minutes East , right on the Hudson River w an amazing skyline view is RuthChris Steakhouse.

And if you don' t want to drive too far, right in Seacaucus is Lorenzo's Italian restuarant. Inexpensive and very good Italian food.

All of these restuarants mentioned above are easily found on the internet , and on Yelp .

PS- have as many beers at your tailgate as you can, because inside they gauge you for beers.

Have fun.

What do you mean "they gauge you for beers"?

Typo, i meant "gouge' as in rip-off , overcharge. The beers inside are like $10 for crappy bud lite. Same w the food, bring your own to your tailgate, plus bring 1 gallon clear, plastic storage bags, Met Life lets you bring in your own food with these kind of bags (1 gal limit).

Good view and much less expensive than Ruth Chris is the Houlihan's in Weehawken. They have a huge parking lot, and it is never hard to park there. Also Ruth Chris uses the same parking lot. Hoboken will be hard to park on a Friday night, altho may empty out for labor Day Weekend.
Cheeseburger has really good Pina Coladas.
I lived right in that area (down the street from Houlihan's) for the one year before I moved to AZ.
Also if you want the waterfront vibe there is a PF Changs right next to my old building by the Port Imperial Ferry (West New York, NJ). They also opened up cool Cuban restaurant there called Son Cubano. There is parking for those 2 restaurants altho you may have to drive around the lots and wait for someone to pull out. I would make a reservation at either of those restaurants. Then there is a really nice walkway along the Hudson.

Houlihans , Cheeseburger in Paradise are good if you ar 18-28 years old and on a very tight budget. You get what you pay for. If you are making a 6 hour round trip and want to eat that kind of food, then for a $6 burger or $14 leather steak Houlihans and Cheeseburger are fine, lol. Changs isn't bad for tourists wanting Chinesish food.
The best bang for your buck is definitely Downneck Newark in the Portuguese restaurants.

Have fun.

Any suggestions for good stuff near the extended stay off 300 state hwy Rte 3 east? Its close as hell to the stadium but seems like a trap cause you cant walk anywhere

If you're serious about not going into the city, check out Hoboken. It's not so bad.

I've enjoyed a restaurant or two in "The 'boken" back in the day. Some good eats.

I've enjoyed a restaurant or two in "The 'boken" back in the day. Some good eats.

I go to Boken/Jersey City because there's a couple of great beer stores in the area, and the differing beer distribution between NY and NJ means I can always find something new.

I work in that complex. There's Bonefish on one side, and an Olive Garden. Cheeseburger, Houlihan's, an Outback, Carrabba's and a Red Lobster on the other side. Pretty much all chains at Harmon Meadow. If you want to watch games on Friday night, Cheesburger or Houlihan's is your best choice. Stay away from the Holiday Inn restaurant unless it's drinks or breakfast.

Edit: looks like I should have read subarney's post above.

Hey Cuyahoga. Out of curiosity, do you work for AXA? I use to work in the Syracuse office until about a year ago (lay-offs hit us hard), and was down there once a year for the disaster recovery drills. As I was reading your post, I thought..."hmmm, this complex sounds extremely familiar."

Hey Cuyahoga. Out of curiosity, do you work for AXA? I use to work in the Syracuse office until about a year ago (lay-offs hit us hard), and was down there once a year for the disaster recovery drills. As I was reading your post, I thought..."hmmm, this complex sounds extremely familiar."
Nope. Not AXA. But another large employer in the complex there that has me frequently traveling between Cleveland and Secaucus.

My personal favorite Is Black Bear if you head into Hoboken! Nice atmosphere, decent wings and a great burger. They also have a ton of tv's. when I lived in the area, my wife and I went weekly.

Nope. Not AXA. But another large employer in the complex there that has me frequently traveling between Cleveland and Secaucus.

Gotcha. I really like the setup there, and think it's a nice complex. I wasn't sure how many other employers are around those parts, but figured I'd throw it out there and see if you happened to be an AXA employee.

Houlihans , Cheeseburger in Paradise are good if you ar 18-28 years old and on a very tight budget. You get what you pay for. If you are making a 6 hour round trip and want to eat that kind of food, then for a $6 burger or $14 leather steak Houlihans and Cheeseburger are fine, lol. Changs isn't bad for tourists wanting Chinesish food.
The best bang for your buck is definitely Downneck Newark in the Portuguese restaurants.

Thanks...unfortunately I'm doing a quick down and back up from the 1000 Islands. Just looking for something close to the motel.

Thanks...unfortunately I'm doing a quick down and back up from the 1000 Islands. Just looking for something close to the motel.
Then Bonefish if you want a nicer, slightly quieter meal and Cheeseburger if you want lots of people and sports barish vibe. I've never been to that Cheeseburger only one further up the road in Wayne.

Then Bonefish if you want a nicer, slightly quieter meal and Cheeseburger if you want lots of people and sports barish vibe. I've never been to that Cheeseburger only one further up the road in Wayne.

The cheeseburger place sounds interesting.

We have Bonefish in Syracuse... is cheesburger in paradise similar to Cheeburger Cheeburger? Or possibly margaritaville?