Results to Date | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Results to Date

Looks like we take the early lead in the new coaching hire running scorecard.

The Bowling Green score was eye opening. I know it was against tOSU, but losing by 67 is crazy. Makes me think our coaching staff made all the difference in the world to that team.

Kirby Smart with the classic meathead move. Clearly trying to draw UNC offsides on 4th down (which they did actually jump), but then calls timeout with 1 second left on the play clock, and then punts.

That 2nd half timeout is so much more valuable than that 5 yards you get for the delay of game.

Classic.

The Bowling Green score was eye opening. I know it was against tOSU, but losing by 67 is crazy. Makes me think our coaching staff made all the difference in the world to that team.
It doesn't say much for the recruits they left behind.

Kirby Smart with the classic meathead move. Clearly trying to draw UNC offsides on 4th down (which they did actually jump), but then calls timeout with 1 second left on the play clock, and then punts.

That 2nd half timeout is so much more valuable than that 5 yards you get for the delay of game.

Classic.

Exactly. Epitome of meatheadedness right there. Take the damn penalty.

donniesyracuse said:
It doesn't say much for the recruits they left behind.

Different system. Hard to judge.

OrangeXtreme said:
The offensive coordinator for that New Hampshire team was Chip Kelly. That upset was a key towards him getting the offensive coordinator job at Oregon the following year.

Exactly. Epitome of meatheadedness right there. Take the damn penalty.

They won. So he'll think it's the right move and do it again.

Who is the worst acting first game coach at a P5 school? Fedora? Bielema?

I'd throw in Ash or Mendenhall, but I'm thinking about guys who've been where they are and had success there.

The uAlbany loss made me sick. First time UB's lost to them in memory.
UB took a giant gamble on that coach - i think they should take gambles but after licata regress so much last year, i had doubts. now, big doubts

They won. So he'll think it's the right move and do it again.

Who is the worst acting first game coach at a P5 school? Fedora? Bielema?

I'd throw in Ash or Mendenhall, but I'm thinking about guys who've been where they are and had success there.
Mendenhall's pretty stubborn, but he has had a lot of success. He'll get it ironed it.

Clemson up by 6. Line was 7.5.

Dabo goes for it on 4th down instead of kicking FG.

fucuse-2.gif

Apparently Dabo doesn't have a lot of faith in his FG unit...or he's poor in math.

Apparently Dabo doesn't have a lot of faith in his FG unit...or he's poor in math.

I would go with option number two, his kicker was pretty good all night. I know he missed the pat, but he hit a couple of fgs.

Alabama should just try to become the nfl's 33rd franchise, they are scary talented. If that qb plays like he did tonight, they won't lose a game this year.