Rex Culpepper, where art thou!!! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rex Culpepper, where art thou!!!

Technically, he's the back-up to the back-up.

Whatever.

You get the point. Whoever is siting on the bench is seen by some as a potential savior. Until they get in the game and people start to see what the coaching staff has seen that put them on the bench. That plus the fact that it takes a while for any new player to get used to the speed of the game.

This is all part of "Fan Frustration Syndrome" that affects so many. Dissatisfied with what they see before them that isn't working, the average fan starts affixing blame and making suggestions (that they have a high degree of confidence in as being the answer.)

They see the answer as firing the coaches, benching the players and switching game strategies.

In his defense, it probably has something to do with the fact that he hasnt taken any meaningful snaps at the QB position in 3 years. Missed his Sr year of high school due to ACL injury and redshirted last year.
Nah it can’t be that...

FWIW, Philip Rivers went into the NFL with one of the worst throwing motions of all time and did just fine. I still like Rex, not as a favorite over ED or TD mind you but I like him on the team and if he gives us the best chance to win at some point then so be it.

Love this kid. He just strikes me as a great teammate who will do anything to play and win. He may never throw another pass again in a game, but it won't matter because he's the guy you point to when you teach younger players how to be a teammate and how to prepare to compete.

These kids aren’t Olympic lifters. Especially when doing 3 reps at near max or max - one would expect some compensation for form.

I don’t see anything there that would lead to injury - sure he could get under the bar a little more but looks good enough.

I’m rooting for the kid. What a great competitor and tough SOB. I can’t help but it think he’d make a good TE or LB.

It's not bad. I've seen a lot worse. Can certainly tell, though, that he's close to max.
Yeah it’s too much weight...

With my bad eyes looks like 455 or so?

Last edited:
These kids aren’t Olympic lifters. Especially when doing 3 reps at near max or max - one would expect some compensation for form.

I don’t see anything there that would lead to injury - sure he could get under the bar a little more but looks good enough.

I’m rooting for the kid. What a great competitor and tough SOB. I can’t help but it think he’d make a good TE or LB.
Thinking Cody Catalina 2.0

6x45 + 2x25 + 2x20 + 2x10 = 425 (w/ 45 lbs bar).

Pretty good. Almost 2x his body weight.
Oh I had the blue Rogues at 55lbs. I thought they were at my gym. Guess that is the reds.

To hang clean over 400 without being a lineman is damn impressive. He doesn't look too explosive because of the weight on the bar. Great job and pretty good technique too. Some coached don't like the double dip before going up but I didn't care when my son was doing it. His speed coach taught him to pause on bottom which perfected his form. Rex should be on all specials.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom