Richards | Syracusefan.com

Richards

Completely agree

They kid has been a force on specials all year and when he's been given a chance made plays. What a sequence, chases a play 50 yds down field and the next play makes a sack.
Those 2 plays were awesome. It showed everything that he can provide for us the next few years. Has the speed to chase down RB's in space and also physical enough to set the edge at DE providing sacks and tackles for loss. He was great in our 3rd down package all year.

I was shocked at the game when he ran that kid down. He has speed and will put on about 10-15 pounds for next year.

The staff used him in any way they could this year. Specials, fourth defensive end, floating spy in 3rd and long situations. He was a valuable utility player, and hopefully he continues to grow.

NFL future IMO, his versatility is amazing. Put him at DE, put him at LB. Just put the man on the field dangit!

That speed and size is why we all wanted him to be the MIKE. As long as he’s on the field I don’t care. Will just be a sophomore in 2019.

Will be interesting to see what position he ends up at-Freak athlete. I remember he almost chased down the returner on the kick return we gave up for a TD earlier this year.

Last edited:
The staff used him in any way they could this year. Specials, fourth defensive end, floating spy in 3rd and long situations. He was a valuable utility player, and hopefully he continues to grow.
Facts

Shy and Richards are good friends.
Shy was telling me a story about when tyrell came in. Shy was always one of the fastest on defense and the fastest in the line backer group. Said tyrell came in and was beating him in the runs. He said he was getting mad and was like “alright kid take it easy your gonna wear yourself out” but the kid never got tired or slowed down. Said the kid flat out flys

Another sign of a program which is trending up...I’m a fairly dedicated fan, feel like I know the players and where they fit, who plays etc

Was at the game and haven’t re-watched yet and hard to tell live who’s all doing what...

But I clicked on this casually/absent-mindely thinking oh yeah that CB had a nice game...then I’m reading posts and realize this isn’t Fredrick but another guy I’ve not heard of making big plays...

The athleticism factor is close to caught up I feel like

Shy was telling me a story about when tyrell came in. Shy was always one of the fastest on defense and the fastest in the line backer group. Said tyrell came in and was beating him in the runs. He said he was getting mad and was like “alright kid take it easy your gonna wear yourself out” but the kid never got tired or slowed down. Said the kid flat out flys
Good story.

There is a precedent for a linebacker who played out of position at DE for a season to get a chance to play LB and really explode on the scene the following season.

That is exactly what happened with Ryan Guthrie.

Good story.

There is a precedent for a linebacker who played out of position at DE for a season to get a chance to play LB and really explode on the scene the following season.

That is exactly what happened with Ryan Guthrie.

I don't always agree with your basketball takes, but you are a walking encyclopedia when it comes to the football team. I don't think there is anybody I have ever known who charts a game, sees the line play and just has all the great observations that you do about the SU gridiron product. You see things that many others do not see.

Happy New Year to you, Tomcat!

Makes alot of sense.

I hope Tyrell ends up at one of the LB positions next year and he and Shy can be our version of the "Bash Bros!"

I say it all the time but these two have to be at lb with Armstrong and whoever is next man up from frosh or Fagan, Wallace, or anyone else. I know Shy wants to have a shot at mike and he would do great and I don’t see a lot of difference in mike and Sam in this defense on run downs. Richards at 6’4” 235 and Shy at 6’ 235 would be beefy but biggest thing in my eyes is keeping their speed. I don’t care as long as they are stronger and can move as good or better. Their speed is undeniable. They are acc size or sec lb and for the first time for us in forever. As a future thought, picture jr year tyrell at mike, cantin at 6’4” 220 at will, and either 4* lb we got this year whom both are 6’2. Now that’s four dudes over 6’2” plus trill, mulfowu @6’3” Cisco 6’1” and Nunn at 6’1” plus Jonas is 6’1” I think. That’s crazy. I’m so excited for our defense in the future. Can’t wait.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom