Richt resigns from Miami / hires Manny Diaz | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Richt resigns from Miami / hires Manny Diaz

Has to be tough news if you are a kid that just signed to Miami during the early signing period and are now locked into playing for a completely new staff that is probably going to want to replace you with "their" guys. Will be interesting to see if a bunch of these guys transfer after next year.
Right now Nunn must be feeling pretty good about his decision.

I hope applewhite lands at a solid, football/athletics commited program that’ll see Houston sometime soon. Somewhere like Cincy or Memphis.

This didn't take long. From THE ATHLETIC moments ago

One wildcard that might intrigue Miami folks is Syracuse’s Dino Babers, who has invigorated what was a dud of a program. Babers has an exciting offensive system and persona. He just led the Orange to a 10-win season in Year 3 there, after winning big at Bowling Green (and that program sunk after he left). Babers’ first head coaching job was at FCS Eastern Illinois, which he lead to a 12-win season in his second year after taking over a two-win program. That’s also where he turned Jimmy Garroppollo into an NFL prospect.

From my view it’s got all of the negatives that the big state school football factory’s do with none of the positives. Same pressure, but the fans flat out don’t show up unless you’re a national title contender.

Beyond the weather and the talent rich area(which is a MAJOR positive, I realize), I don’t see too many other positives about that job.
It's in one of the weakest P5 divisions. They have a recent history of being THE super power with the National Championships to back it up.

Me, when posters say “What’s so great about the U?”

-Weather, talent everywhere around you, Weather, Beach, Lifestyle, Weather, Palm trees, Weather.

Me, when some writer mentions Dino for the U.

-Rain, like everyday. It’s hot and sticky all the time. Giant bugs. They killed Xxxtentacion.

I'm sure Dino would love to go to a team with no QB, that was 4th in the Coastal division, brings tons more pressure, has no privacy, a place that has little faith, and where you could also lose your job in 2 years if you don't rebuild fast enough.

Next year, we'll face 6 teams with new HCs - Liberty, W&M, Da U, Louavul, Ga Tech, and UNC. Plus, F$U will have a new OC and Old Dominion completely cleaned house on defensive assistants.