Richt resigns from Miami / hires Manny Diaz | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Richt resigns from Miami / hires Manny Diaz

"Great Schedule"...we played 2 teams in the Final 4 of the playoff. I Wouldn't call that "great"
That lame talking point you referenced is why I’d like Miami to get good again, obviously not with our HC.

The entire premise of “the ACC is down this year” is because we don’t have anyone worth a crap on the other side. If Miami was a legit Top 10, nobody is saying it’s a down ACC.

Wow, didn't see that coming. Can still remember The First Team stating how Richt was going to turn that team around, Miami was going to be a player again.

Oregon has to be nervous. Imagine losing coaches in back to back years after one season?

When in the world would Cristobal even entertain the notion of going to Miami. From a football perspective, Oregon is a better situation than Miami, and he just signed the No. 1 recruit in the nation. Some of these "experts" are off their rocker.

When in the world would Cristobal even entertain the notion of going to Miami. From a football perspective, Oregon is a better situation than Miami, and he just signed the No. 1 recruit in the nation. Some of these "experts" are off their rocker.
I wouldn’t be shocked at all if Miami got him. His buyout is huge though.

A lot of kids there think they are the U and live like they have done something.

My mom went there in the 1950s and used to say the same thing.
When she married my dad and moved north to Syracuse, she LOVED when we beat those Miami teams back in the 1960s.

Some people have a love for their alma mater and want them to succeed.

Some people have a love for their alma mater and want them to succeed.

Some people, not all, and certainly not someone who just got a Top 5 class and has all the money in the world to succeed. Sorry, don't see it.

Oregon has to be nervous. Imagine losing coaches in back to back years after one season?

I've got to think that the weather up there has an impact. Raining all the time like it does in the Pacific Northwest can really get to some people - even worse than the show! (Ironic, isn't it?)

Compare that to the Miami lifestyle and it's not even close.

I want to retire at 58 too.

I don’t want Dino to though.

Nobody ever goes to Miami games and they play in a crap stadium.
Aside from their history and name, it's really a crap job, other than being in the middle of all that great talent.

I remember 20ish years ago hearing that their football facilities were way behind other power programs, but they’d built a culture a lot of top talent wanted to be part of.

The problem now is they have top football school reputation, facilities that don’t match that, and the culture that attracted kids anyway is long gone. I think the odds of anyone winning at Miami any time soon are really low; and kinda feel like this is one of the worst jobs in college football.

I remember 20ish years ago hearing that their football facilities were way behind other power programs, but they’d built a culture a lot of top talent wanted to be part of.

The problem now is they have top football school reputation, facilities that don’t match that, and the culture that attracted kids anyway is long gone. I think the odds of anyone winning at Miami any time soon are really low; and kinda feel like this is one of the worst jobs in college football.
Most deceiving

I am pretty worried. Really hope my gut is wrong.

Even if Miami hires Cristobal, that opens up Oregon where Dino would be a perfect fit.

Dino signed his extension. I would guess his buyout is prohibitive for pretty much everyone.

cristobal has a documented 8-10 million buyout depending on date. and that has stopped exactly 0 people from calling him the leader in the clubhouse.

i would wager Dino's aint that high.

and If Miami pays 8-10 mil, youre sure as positive Oregon will pay quadruple that if needed.

One of Dino's biggest things he values is his privacy. With his playbook being leaked at Arizona, the whole UCF agent debacle, and one of the terms for him coming to Syracuse was that we stay silent about it until BGSU conference championship, it has been shown in the past. He would have none of that at Miami.

One of Dino's biggest things he values is his privacy. With his playbook being leaked at Arizona, the whole UCF agent debacle, and one of the terms for him coming to Syracuse was that we stay silent about it until BGSU conference championship, it has been shown in the past. He would have none of that at Miami.

wait... whats this playbook arizona thing?