Ride sharing after the game | Syracusefan.com

Ride sharing after the game

Shenexon

All American
Well, the game was a loss but a wonderful event. The tailgate was superb. After the game, I was going to take a Lyft to my hotel, but they wanted $75 to go 8 miles, so I started walking. I kept checking Lyft for an affordable rate but after 4 miles of walking it was still $58. I checked again at 4.1 miles and it was $10.34 so I hit the button to call the ride. Weird. Then when he picked me up, we got chatting and he was paid $30 even though they only charged me $10.34. There’s something there I just don’t get...

Well, the game was a loss but a wonderful event. The tailgate was superb. After the game, I was going to take a Lyft to my hotel, but they wanted $75 to go 8 miles, so I started walking. I kept checking Lyft for an affordable rate but after 4 miles of walking it was still $58. I checked again at 4.1 miles and it was $10.34 so I hit the button to call the ride. Weird. Then when he picked me up, we got chatting and he was paid $30 even though they only charged me $10.34. There’s something there I just don’t get...

Wish we had known. We could have given you a ride back to the hotel.

You walked halfway? Wow. If it were light out, I'd have made it Downtown before checking again. Bided my time and bit the bullet at $37. I get the system, but it feels criminal. I'm out in Liverpool and Lyft was charging $63. Uber was less, but still too much.

Wish we had known. We could have given you a ride back to the hotel.
Thanks...but I walk a lot and I normally feel better after a good hike. I just didn’t want to walk the whole way. It gave me a chance to review the game and the day. We knew Clemson was more talented than we are right now, but the tailgate was memorable, and the crowd was loud for a while. I screamed so much the guy in front of me moved somewhere else. I just don’t get why they paid him more than they charged ME. Odd business ...

If you see a rate you don't like, close out your app, then reboot and check again. This "trick" actually works, those high rates get "stuck", probably purposely because they you need a ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom