Ride sharing after the game | Syracusefan.com

Ride sharing after the game

Shenexon

All American
Well, the game was a loss but a wonderful event. The tailgate was superb. After the game, I was going to take a Lyft to my hotel, but they wanted $75 to go 8 miles, so I started walking. I kept checking Lyft for an affordable rate but after 4 miles of walking it was still $58. I checked again at 4.1 miles and it was $10.34 so I hit the button to call the ride. Weird. Then when he picked me up, we got chatting and he was paid $30 even though they only charged me $10.34. There’s something there I just don’t get...

Obie9

Co-Winner 2017 2nd Chance Challenge
Well, the game was a loss but a wonderful event. The tailgate was superb. After the game, I was going to take a Lyft to my hotel, but they wanted $75 to go 8 miles, so I started walking. I kept checking Lyft for an affordable rate but after 4 miles of walking it was still $58. I checked again at 4.1 miles and it was $10.34 so I hit the button to call the ride. Weird. Then when he picked me up, we got chatting and he was paid $30 even though they only charged me $10.34. There’s something there I just don’t get...

Wish we had known. We could have given you a ride back to the hotel.

cuse10

All American
You walked halfway? Wow. If it were light out, I'd have made it Downtown before checking again. Bided my time and bit the bullet at $37. I get the system, but it feels criminal. I'm out in Liverpool and Lyft was charging $63. Uber was less, but still too much.

Shenexon

All American
Wish we had known. We could have given you a ride back to the hotel.
Thanks...but I walk a lot and I normally feel better after a good hike. I just didn’t want to walk the whole way. It gave me a chance to review the game and the day. We knew Clemson was more talented than we are right now, but the tailgate was memorable, and the crowd was loud for a while. I screamed so much the guy in front of me moved somewhere else. I just don’t get why they paid him more than they charged ME. Odd business ...

DomeStranger

All Conference
If you see a rate you don't like, close out your app, then reboot and check again. This "trick" actually works, those high rates get "stuck", probably purposely because they you need a ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lax77

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom