Right now we only have 1 P5 QB and without him we look really different offensively | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Right now we only have 1 P5 QB and without him we look really different offensively

I can't believe at one point people wanted this guy to see time over dungey

Right up until Dungey's injury against Clemson there were several posters who complained about ED and who wanted a change at QB either this season or somehow during the off-season. Reminded me of 2011 when we saw a large number of posters on this board who wanted to see HCDM be fired.

Mahoney does pretty well all things considered. You don't have to spend much time looking around college football to see #2 QBs struggle stepping into the starting role, especially when the change is due to an injury to the #1 and the backup is called upon this time of the season.

ED's injury is a shame. If any fan base is familiar with how damaging it is for a college team to lose its #1 QB during a season, it has to be the SU faithful. This is somehow the third consecutive season. From the beginning of this 2016 campaign I was focused on whether it would happen a third year in a row, and sure enough it did. However, I am proud, yet again, of the SU team for the way they compete. A lot of guys are banged up playing through pain these past few games without their #1 QB, and they never quit.

Mitch Kimble, remember when Jerome Smith was tweeting to watch out for him, lol

Kimble was a HS kid recruited to play quarterback and was on scholarship. He was brought in late to replace Zach Allen. May have been an NIU commit and we actually beat out NC State and Doren who wanted to bring him to state with him.

I think he may have developed to be decent QB but ya know thats what happens when you throw true freshman to the wolves.
Mitch Kimble had a chance to be a very good QB. The coaches loved him during his RS season (scout team) but an old HS back injury really hampered his development.

Zach lacks accuracy which is pretty important if you play QB in this O

Zach lacks accuracy which is pretty important if you play QB in this O

Yes, accuracy is a good thing even with teams that ran the wishbone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom