Right now we only have 1 P5 QB and without him we look really different offensively | Syracusefan.com

Right now we only have 1 P5 QB and without him we look really different offensively

Alsacs

Living Legend
Without Dungey this game is going get ugly. We won't stop them on defense and Mahoney can't throw well enough for this offense.

We really need Culpepper and DeViton for QB depth.

It's true... Mahoney and wilson have no business on he field

Mahoney is brutal. Earlier in the season there were people who wanted to see him relieve Dungey. Can't imagine. Good example of letting the coach make the personnel decisions. (except for Jordan Frederick's of course wink wink)

Mahoney is brutal. Earlier in the season there were people who wanted to see him relieve Dungey. Can't imagine. Good example of letting the coach make the personnel decisions. (except for Jordan Frederick's of course wink wink)
That was based on Mahoney's performance in another system...
Coaches were sure right about not using Bris in the return game, or bringing more pressure with blitzes...:rolleyes:

That was based on Mahoney's performance in another system...
Coaches were sure right about not using Bris in the return game, or bringing more pressure with blitzes...:rolleyes:

And they changed personel and adjusted no? Isn't that a good thing ?

And they changed personel and adjusted no? Isn't that a good thing ?
I guess so. But when internet forum hacks know better than guys being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars... Well...

I guess so. But when internet forum hacks know better than guys being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars... Well...

And him not utilizing estime on punts May have been just to keep him healthy

And him not utilizing estime on punts May have been just to keep him healthy
C'mon man, healthy for what? Bris was the invisible man for the early games... They were saving him from offense too?

C'mon man, healthy for what? Bris was the invisible man for the early games... They were saving him from offense too?

Earlier in the season sure. you have no idea what the decisions were or why. But yeah you're smarter than Baber's from your couch

Unfortunately we have only had 2 since McNabb. Michael Vick started the drought, but the Kimble, Wilson, Long triumvirate was striking evidence that the previous staff could not evaluate talent at the most important position on the field. Guys around were criticizing Zach's play yesterday but as I said, there is a reason he was a walk-on! Kid plays his heart out but has no business being anything but the 4th or 5th QB on a P5 roster.

Unfortunately we have only had 2 since McNabb. Michael Vick started the drought, but the Kimble, Wilson, Long triumvirate was striking evidence that the previous staff could not evaluate talent at the most important position on the field. Guys around were criticizing Zach's play yesterday but as I said, there is a reason he was a walk-on! Kid plays his heart out but has no business being anything but the 4th or 5th QB on a P5 roster.
Kimble was a walk-on , Wilson was recruited by Hacket for his system and Long needed to redshirt and gain some muscle , but he was gamey and had some potential if he wasn't done in by concussions .

Kimble was a walk-on , Wilson was recruited by Hacket for his system and Long needed to redshirt and gain some muscle , but he was gamey and had some potential if he wasn't done in by concussions .

Kimble was a scholarship QB.

Kimble was a scholarship QB.
I stand corrected . He was really just brought in for some depth as a JUCO . His throwing motion was what held him back , Lester couldn't get that fixed .

Zach has huge onions but over the course of a full game with defenses being scouted on him ; he doesn't have it . i have been literally praying for ED's health the last few years, but that didn't work .

He wasn't a JUCO either.
Was he recruited to play QB or did they like his size and athleticism and wanted him for other positions ? That was my impression .

Was he recruited to play QB or did they like his size and athleticism and wanted him for other positions ? That was my impression .

If memory serves, he was a late signee, after we lost the Texas QB due to Marrone's departure (we managed to hold onto Wilson). They had reasonably high hopes for him due to his athleticism. I believe he had back injury issues that limited him, however, and he got called into duty waaaaaay too soon due to that ridiculous string if injuries and low-production at the QB position in 2014.

Kimble was a HS kid recruited to play quarterback and was on scholarship. He was brought in late to replace Zach Allen. May have been an NIU commit and we actually beat out NC State and Doren who wanted to bring him to state with him.

I think he may have developed to be decent QB but ya know thats what happens when you throw freshman to the wolves.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom