RIP Bill Fralic | Syracusefan.com

RIP Bill Fralic

Damn was he good.

Articles aren’t saying how, makes me nervous...

On the edit, just read cancer.

Last edited:
For those that don't know, Fralic was absolutely dominant. His Pitt teams played in the Sugar, Cotton and Fiesta Bowls. But as he left, SU sort of took Pitt's spot as a eastern power alongside (yuk) PSU. I did not remember his own steroid use, as chronicled in the story. Between Fralic and our own Tim Green, it's been an enormously sad few weeks for the Falcons 80s Alumni group. Bummed to read this, as he was an important piece of eastern football lore.

For those that don't know, Fralic was absolutely dominant. His Pitt teams played in the Sugar, Cotton and Fiesta Bowls. But as he left, SU sort of took Pitt's spot as a eastern power alongside (yuk) PSU. I did not remember his own steroid use, as chronicled in the story. Between Fralic and our own Tim Green, it's been an enormously sad few weeks for the Falcons 80s Alumni group. Bummed to read this, as he was an important piece of eastern football lore.
Fralic and Green played head to head against each other in college. Greats like these two should live to a ripe old age and be vibrant until the end. Damn.

Fralic and Green played head to head against each other in college. Greats like these two should live to a ripe old age and be vibrant until the end. Damn.
I remember playing against Fralic in Pitt Stadium in ‘81 and with Jimbo Covert as the other OT, I was very sore after that game. Pitt also had Russ Grimm on that line w/Dan Marino as a junior QB. They beat us 23 - 10 but were 25 point favorites. Toughest linemen I played against at Cuse were Fralic, Mike Munchak, Sean Farrell and Keith Dorney.

Last edited:
Pretty sure Hugh Green’s last season was 1980 and Fralic’s freshman year was 1981. I remember playing against Fralic in Pitt Stadium in ‘81 and with Jimbo Covert as the other OT, I was very sore after that game. Pitt also had Russ Grimm on that line w/Dan Marino as a junior QB. They beat us 23 - 10 but were 25 point favorites. Toughest linemen I played against at Cuse were Fralic, Mike Munchak, Sean Farrell and Keith Dorney.

He was talking about Tim Green, not Hugh Green.

Pretty sure Hugh Green’s last season was 1980 and Fralic’s freshman year was 1981. I remember playing against Fralic in Pitt Stadium in ‘81 and with Jimbo Covert as the other OT, I was very sore after that game. Pitt also had Russ Grimm on that line w/Dan Marino as a junior QB. They beat us 23 - 10 but were 25 point favorites. Toughest linemen I played against at Cuse were Fralic, Mike Munchak, Sean Farrell and Keith Dorney.
Orangejet can I ask who u are. Love those days watching u guys.

Remember that game vividly. Talked to a friend of mine who attended with me after Tim's 60 minutes segment aired and we reminisced about watching the whole game without ever focusing on the ball. Just watched Green and Fralic go head-to-head. My Orange colored memory recalls at least two sacks for #72.

I remember playing against Fralic in Pitt Stadium in ‘81 and with Jimbo Covert as the other OT, I was very sore after that game. Pitt also had Russ Grimm on that line w/Dan Marino as a junior QB. They beat us 23 - 10 but were 25 point favorites. Toughest linemen I played against at Cuse were Fralic, Mike Munchak, Sean Farrell and Keith Dorney.
Talk about a stacked line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom