RIP Jim Brown | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

RIP Jim Brown

Purely and simply, he was and still is the greatest football player I've ever seen play. As someone who grew up as a Giants fan, he will forever be a big part of my memories of watching the NFL with my Dad. My sympathies to the SU community on his passing.

Yeah, I grew up watching the Giants battle the Browns, Redskins and Cowboys with my dad and grandpa as a young squirt.

Sucks RIP legend of legends and the best RB of all time and lacrosse player of all time.

RIP, Jim Brown.

I was too young to watch him play. However, my father let me know at a young age and never let me forget who he was and how great he was. Neither did the SU fans, the NFL, the media, et al. He was the greatest football player of all time.

Who's asleep at the wheel on the Syracuse U accounts? Cuse Football and Cuse LAX shouldn't be the properties with posts. Brown is synonymous with SU. Doesn't take much the official university account to acknowledge that in something other than a RT.

IMG_3304.jpeg

The striking thing about these videos is he appears to be the biggest guy on the field
I worked with a man who was a freshman nose tackle during Jim Brown's senior year at SU. In his first scrimmage he faced JB. As the offense and defense lined up he was thinking to make a good impression and put that "expletive deleted" on his back.
Moments later he was watching JB's cleats run over him as he was flat on his back. He couldn't figure out what happened. Brown was listed at 206 pounds. Finally, he was behind JB at weigh in one day. When Brown got on the scale, all his questions were answered. Listed at 206, Brown actually weighed 232 pounds. All that speed and dexterity in the body size of what was in that era an offensive lineman.

My father knew Bill Eschenfelder, who was on Schwartzwalder's staff in the 50's (I guess Ben liked he name). Bill told my Dad that the SU coaches used to watch Jim eat, just to watch muscles in his neck move.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom