RIP Mike Williams | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

RIP Mike Williams

I am not sure about if this true offensively, but I know Chandler Jones scored a pretty crushing TD against the Pats last season.

Sad to hear the news about Mike.

Why I said offensive.

Premature can be good, after all. (Still not good journalism.)

I don’t know what he made, but do you think a 36 year old isn’t or shouldn’t work the rest of his days just because he made some money early in his life?Many people have hit the lottery and kept their jobs.
I think most people that make that much don't then choose that kind of job to fill their time. Then again, maybe he enjoyed it. Some people like physical labor and the comradery that often goes along with that kind of work. I don't think it's wrong to be surprised that someone that made that much money early in life chose that kind of work. I was surprised and simultaneously had respect that he did.

He was so talented. It's a shame he didn't have more money saved to avoid dangerous work but I respect that he made an honest living doing something that actually matters. My life hadn't even really started until I was mid thirties
Yeah if you read up on his time in Tampa, he had really carved out a nice spot for himself as at minimum a #2 receiver there, but his activities outside of football appeared to have impacted him on the field and ultimately led his career to end way earlier than it ever should have. He had the talent to be a 10 year plus guy in the league easily in my opinion.

It’s interesting how his time at Syracuse mirrored his NFL career, started out very strong, then started to stumble off the field. To the eventual point his career ended earlier than it should have.

I think most people that make that much don't then choose that kind of job to fill their time. Then again, maybe he enjoyed it. Some people like physical labor and the comradery that often goes along with that kind of work. I don't think it's wrong to be surprised that someone that made that much money early in life chose that kind of work. I was surprised and simultaneously had respect that he did.

How much did he spend?

Was he working there? I thought he made over 20 million.
That's the other WR Mike Williams (Chargers). SU Mike Williams career earnings $11+ M. Still a lot of money.

As others said, depends on what he did with his money but if didn't invest it then it's not gonna get him through the next 50 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom