RIP Neil Peart | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

RIP Neil Peart

I didn't see this here, but here is Neil working as a parts manager at his father's place just before replacing Rutsey near St. Catharines around 1973. He even attempted to convert the business to a computer database (or whatever amounted to a computer then).
WTI6uGv.jpg

This is wonderfully written reflection of Neil on the two-year anniversary of his passing. Well worth the time to read as it includes some insight into his final days. Such a tragic story in that he craved a post-touring existence and then was diagnosed only 10 months into his well-deserved new life. RIP Professor.

We've taken care of everything
The words you hear, the songs you sing
The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes
It's one for all and all for one
We work together, common sons
Never need to wonder how or why

Just finished My Effin’ Life by Geddy. Loved it. Brought back a ton of emotions

Just finished My Effin’ Life by Geddy. Loved it. Brought back a ton of emotions
I’m reading Dave Grohl’s Storyteller right now but will read My Effin’ Life after.

Me and the Mrs. went to see Geddy on his book tour in DC. It was really fascinating to hear him talk about the circumstances with Neil when he decided to retire and then the diagnosis with brain cancer. Geddy was so genuine as he reflected on how he and Alex were resentful of Neil wanting to retire, but then after the diagnosis came, how he felt selfish for thinking that way.

I didn't see this here, but here is Neil working as a parts manager at his father's place just before replacing Rutsey near St. Catharines around 1973. He even attempted to convert the business to a computer database (or whatever amounted to a computer then).
View attachment 212525
Since VT bumped this thread, I'll take a moment to note that "Bert Guggenmoos" is an all time hilarious name.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom