RIP Patty Olgeaty | Syracusefan.com

RIP Patty Olgeaty

CusefanATL

2018 Iggy Post Season Record NCAA Winner
Today's obituaries: Patricia Olgeaty worked for Dick MacPherson, Paul Pasqualoni, Greg Robinson

Pretty amazing to log in to Syracuse.com today and think "I know Patty Olgeaty..." when I saw the headline. Clicked on the link and see the picture... sure enough I do know her.

She worked for the football staff for years. When I was in 5th grade, we had to interview a local hero. So I cold called the Manley Field House and ended up talking to Patty. I told her I wanted to interview either Donovan McNabb, Donovin Darius or Kevin Abrams as they were my 3 favorite players. McNabb was traveling so that was a no go, but she got a hold of Abrams right away and set up the interview. I got to spend an hour or so interviewing him. He thought it was so cool. He brought in Rod Gadson to say hi and they signed a bunch of autographs for me including bringing almost a poster size photo of himself. The next season - he would have me meet him at the players entrance after the games - even introduced me to his family "this is the kid!"

Back to Patty, she was so helpful setting up all of the logisitics for an opportunity I'll never forget - and for the next few years she would come say hi to us when she would see us at the games. 1 of the nicest ladies I've ever met.

Rest In Peace.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom