Rob Konrad v SUAD part one million | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Rob Konrad v SUAD part one million

There’s a guy who used to post on this board with the handle DNABB5; his name choice was related somehow to McNabb almost hitting him with his car once. That was the reason for my comment - wasn’t a big deal (or a negative about McNabb) to that poster, but seeing that he appears to have not posted in years, there’s a good chance almost nobody here remembers that story.

McNabb and Otis Hill were solid dudes.
Mcnabb used to have that as his license plate on his turquoise pathfinder. He worked at Peters grocery store for a while and I was always so excited to see him. Then fast forward, Roxy was my moms student teacher at HW Smith and she was just as nice. Otis was always so nice too. Crazy to think Mcnabb was bagging groceries but he was always smiling and enjoying life. We were lucky to have him in cuse

Summer Beach GIF by GifGari

Good for Konrad the university forgets about alot of former players that don't agree with everything the university does.
A lot?

And/or...his "9 mile" "16 hour" swim in salt water.

DeadSpin Story
Yeah I call BS on this story. Ain’t no way that tall tale is all true.

And why did he put quotes around “facility”?
lol he’s a clown

He played Columbo I think.
Peter Faulk’s granddaughter went to SU in the 90’s. He was up on campus a few times IIRC

Good for Konrad the university forgets about alot of former players that don't agree with everything the university does.
It's not that Gary, Sorry I meant Rob has to agree with the administration. It's how he is going about it. Does he honestly think that posting a rant on social media is the best way to make his point to SU?

It's not that Gary, Sorry I meant Rob has to agree with the administration. It's how he is going about it. Does he honestly think that posting a rant on social media is the best way to make his point to SU?

Uh, given that this ain’t his first rodeo in terms of turrible tweets about SUAD -

Yeah, apparently he honestly thinks that.

Mcnabb used to have that as his license plate on his turquoise pathfinder. He worked at Peters grocery store for a while and I was always so excited to see him. Then fast forward, Roxy was my moms student teacher at HW Smith and she was just as nice. Otis was always so nice too. Crazy to think Mcnabb was bagging groceries but he was always smiling and enjoying life. We were lucky to have him in cuse
Otis was great. I haven’t spoken with him in a long time, but he used to ride with us to games.

While it may seem like it these days, the me first self-important athlete isn’t a new phenomenon. We can all name quite a few from the days of Rob Konrad and beyond. Shelby Hill comes to mind

A lot of people think a narcissist is just someone with a big ego. It is much more than that, it is a serious mental disorder. These people cannot fathom that they are ever wrong. Their bad decisions are always someone elses fault. They exaggerate their importance.
Oh, I know all too well and personally. I married one. Mine, and much worse, my childrens' lives were living hell as they grew up on far too many days. Its utterly traumatic. I know it when I see it, and I def see it in Rob's behavior, even in writing. Lots of 'swings' in mood, shifting blame, anger etc. His rage towards Fran and the DeLeone letter, at the whole athletic admin (bc he seeminlgly didn't get what he wanted), in contrast to the his admiration for those he believes are on his side.
Classic signs. Narcissism is a very, very real, and difficult condition to treat, as people with it believe by default nothing is wrong with them, and everything is wrong with everyone else.

Oh, I know all too well and personally. I married one. Mine, and much worse, my childrens' lives were living hell as they grew up on far too many days. Its utterly traumatic. I know it when I see it, and I def see it in Rob's behavior, even in writing. Lots of 'swings' in mood, shifting blame, anger etc. His rage towards Fran and the DeLeone letter, at the whole athletic admin (bc he seeminlgly didn't get what he wanted), in contrast to the his admiration for those he believes are on his side.
Classic signs. Narcissism is a very, very real, and difficult condition to treat, as people with it believe by default nothing is wrong with them, and everything is wrong with everyone else.

Mostly agree with this, having had the misfortune to have worked for a guy who may have had NPD. One interesting point is that clinically diagnosable narcissists don’t internally believe nothing is wrong with them - they think everything is wrong with them. They struggle with intense and pervasive feelings of shame, worthlessness, and self-loathing. Their view of themselves is extremely malleable and dependent on others' opinions of them. They also are hypersensitive to criticism and possess an intense need for admiration. There’s a lot to feel sorry for in people with NPD - but it’s best done from a distance where all interaction is limited.

I think we need to be careful about diagnosing someone with a personality disorder on a message board based on a few social media posts - but his posts make me think a clinical diagnosis is a possibility and that would be enough for me to avoid him as much as possible, and if engagement is necessary I’d handle it very, very carefully.

There are a lot of types of narcissists. Not all of them are the boisterous type. I knew a shy/covert one, and those can be the worst because they are not easy to spot. But I think generally they all tend to think of things as “does this make me look better than everyone else?” So you do tend to find them in things like volunteering, church going, healthcare, etc.

And it’s believed that they are not curable, so don’t bother.

Anyways, I don’t know what Rob’s deal is. Or if he even does have a deal (the water treading story always seemed suspect to me, though). But I bet at least 75% of these “the staff doesn’t respect alums!” stories are just people salty that nobody remembers them.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom