Rob Konrad v SUAD part one million | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Rob Konrad v SUAD part one million

So I may have replied to him last night...told him basically to shut it and donate. Enough of this crap.

He blocked me.

But an hour later...this..hmm.
This NIL group has some names associated with it, but I worry that with multiple groups, the magnitude of what is possible will be diluted. Also, is it me, or does anyone else worry that former players may see this as a money opportunity. Rob has crept into that category to me. He doesn't seem trustworthy at all.

This NIL group has some names associated with it, but I worry that with multiple groups, the magnitude of what is possible will be diluted. Also, is it me, or does anyone else worry that former players may see this as a money opportunity. Rob has crept into that category to me. He doesn't seem trustworthy at all.

Well these others ones are out there…

Orange United is the preferred NIL collective and is the collective that Syracuse wants most to donate to as well

Well these others ones are out there…

Orange United is the preferred NIL collective and is the collective that Syracuse wants most to donate to as well
yeah thats what I thought. Thanks!

This SUFootballNIL was the one that secured Mccord, Diggs, Wax, Allen, Gadsen etc.. Not sure what Orange United has provided, but I do know that Orange United takes a % to pay for the administration and the two collectives that the program supports is Athletes who Care and SUFootballNIL. SUFootballNIL also supports just the football program.

I get the impression he honestly thinks the 44 was retired in part because of him. It’s such a strange position to take because he wouldn’t have even been able to wear the number if it had been retired in the 70’s or 80’s for the 3 guys it was retired for.

This SUFootballNIL was the one that secured Mccord, Diggs, Wax, Allen, Gadsen etc.. Not sure what Orange United has provided, but I do know that Orange United takes a % to pay for the administration and the two collectives that the program supports is Athletes who Care and SUFootballNIL. SUFootballNIL also supports just the football program.

Are you 100% sure on this?

The generic pool needs to go away. Set up collectives for each sport and let people decide how to divide up their money. The more specific the better. Maybe even by position group. If you want your money specifically to recruit a small forward in hoops, you should be able to specify that.

100% sure

Interesting because I have very much conflicting information

I think that while they helped, they weren’t the only pool of money/collective used to acquire/retain those players that were listed

I think people put too high of a value on autographed/game worn memorabilia.

Why are we going to display multiple 44 jerseys that look the same? Why does the school want to be held responsible for the safekeeping and maintenance of "high value" artifacts? Do the kids really care about Floyd Little's Gator Bowl jersey? Do they care about Terry Richardson's or even know who he is?

Despite the price paid for these things, they're pretty worthless. They have value to Konrad, and some SU sports fans. But it's just a piece of fabric to anyone else.

Yeah. Lots of conflicting information on NIL and what collective to support. I can say this with ultimate confidence, the only NIL collectives that we should support is Athletes that Care and SUFootballNIL. All the monies go to the athletes and they are contributing to the collectives in the way the NIL was designed. Orange United is an anomaly. OU is supported by SU Athletics, but they don't seem to have the donations.

Yeah. Lots of conflicting information on NIL and what collective to support. I can say this with ultimate confidence, the only NIL collectives that we should support is Athletes that Care and SUFootballNIL. All the monies go to the athletes and they are contributing to the collectives in the way the NIL was designed. Orange United is an anomaly. OU is supported by SU Athletics, but they don't seem to have the donations.

Orange United has donations? Not sure where that info is coming from?

They had a massive uptick, especially after Fran Brown was hired.

They also work as consultants for the players of ALL of the teams and will read over contracts etc for them to make sure all is good.

There’s a reason Orange United is the preferred collective for Syracuse University and it’s not just $$$

I don’t disagree with you that those other two collectives are helpful

Just not sure we should be railing against other collectives all with the same purpose?

Especially one that is tied specifically with the university

At then end of it all, we need to do what's best for the program. If OU has the financial backing to bring top players to Syracuse, then that is a bonus. The other two collectives seem to have more of a financial backing for the football program. Athletes who care is a 501c3, Orange United has a 15% administrative fee, and the SUFootballNIL has events showcasing their players and directs 100% of the monies to football. Most universities have several collectives, the key is to sustain the donation level.

The generic pool needs to go away. Set up collectives for each sport and let people decide how to divide up their money. The more specific the better. Maybe even by position group. If you want your money specifically to recruit a small forward in hoops, you should be able to specify that.
As I've stated before once I win this Mega Millions I'll set up the Trench Warfare collective, strictly for O and D linemen.

Mcnabb used to have that as his license plate on his turquoise pathfinder. He worked at Peters grocery store for a while and I was always so excited to see him. Then fast forward, Roxy was my moms student teacher at HW Smith and she was just as nice. Otis was always so nice too. Crazy to think Mcnabb was bagging groceries but he was always smiling and enjoying life. We were lucky to have him in cuse
Wouldn't that have been an NCAA violation in the 1990s? I thought scholarship athletes could not have jobs in the local community.

As I've stated before once I win this Mega Millions I'll set up the Trench Warfare collective, strictly for O and D linemen.

Hell yeah!

If I win, the west wall of the dome is getting blown out for a glass concourse where the lawn is area with additional space underground for locker room expansion.

The footprint is actually in the campus framework.

Why are we going to display multiple 44 jerseys that look the same? Why does the school want to be held responsible for the safekeeping and maintenance of "high value" artifacts? Do the kids really care about Floyd Little's Gator Bowl jersey? Do they care about Terry Richardson's or even know who he is?

Despite the price paid for these things, they're pretty worthless. They have value to Konrad, and some SU sports fans. But it's just a piece of fabric to anyone else.

I have a basketball autographed by Matt Painter that I won at an auction where I put a bid in just to get things rolling and ended up being the only bidder. I’ve tried to sell it a few times, but the autograph seems to have decreased the value of the ball - the most anyone has ever offered me is $2.

The autographed collectibles market is a huge bubble, and just another in the long line of “tulip manias”.

You could say the same thing about the Mona Lisa, looks like just another painting to me.
One man’s garbage is another man’s treasure or something like that.

Not really. The Mona Lisa is a 500 year old painting by a master and has stood the test of time and has a current value of 980 million.
You’re missing the point, anything is worth whatever someone is willing to pay.Of course we would all want a painting that valuable for monetary reasons, but a Syracuse jersey hanging on the wall would look better to some than a painting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom